Swiftcurrent Creek loyalty, got royalty inside my dna
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The creek was slow-moving, a much gentler current than usual, so Durnehviir relented to @Akavir's request that she show him how to fish. While she did enjoy the taste, the russet Alphess wasn't the most graceful when it came to hunting in the water, but she was his mother. It was her duty to teach her children well in preparation for adulthood, which was just around the corner.

"What you should remember," the crimson Frostfur told her dark-furred son, "is to always respect the river. Observe and listen to the current: if it's fast, stay away." She'd warned them of water's danger many times, and would continue to drill the knowledge into their young minds to prevent any losses.

She trailed along it's edge toward a safer, less ruffed area, but what sounded like the call of an unfamiliar voice distracted her. After exchanging a glance with her son, briefly meeting pale eyes that mirrored her own, she pricked a velvet ear to catch an unmistakable cry for help. At once, Durnehviir went to it.

Chuffing at Akavir in request that he stay back, the dragoness scrambled over the stones to find a pair of tiny black paws gripping the river's edge, desperately peeking over. Her heart skipped an uncomfortable beat and, swiftly, she reached out for the cub's sodden pelt with every intention of gripping the loose hide of his nape and pulling him free of the water.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
Messages In This Thread
loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Timberlake - August 22, 2018, 11:57 PM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Durnehviir - August 23, 2018, 05:00 AM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Timberlake - August 24, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Durnehviir - August 25, 2018, 03:19 AM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Timberlake - August 26, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Constantine - August 27, 2018, 03:52 AM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Durnehviir - August 27, 2018, 12:25 PM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Timberlake - August 29, 2018, 03:39 PM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Constantine - September 02, 2018, 09:30 PM
RE: loyalty, got royalty inside my dna - by Durnehviir - September 09, 2018, 01:10 PM