Broken Boulder you only hold me up like this 'cause you don't know who i really am
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Of course Delight finds a way to blame himself, and for a moment it's a little exasperating, but the feeling is lost as his partner's melancholy fully registers. He swallows, uncertain how to comfort him, but he's momentarily saved having to react when Delight moves forward with words probably meant to be reassuring. They hurt instead. Zamael had already left him forever once— at least, he'd meant to, even if he'd apparently changed his mind. Is it such a stretch to think he might change his mind again?
He leans into the touch anyway, closing his eyes for a moment. It's not you, He says after a long moment, a little too strung out to sound as firm as he'd like to. He wants to give voice to the reasons he knows are behind the others' disappearances, but they're all his fault in a reality-based world (sorry Delight) and it hurts too much to say it right now. Instead he says, He left once already— when I needed him. I don't know that he wouldn't again, and I—
Again he swallows, this time around an aching lump in his throat. I can't lose him again. There's a finality to his tone that he hadn't intended, but he means every word.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you only hold me up like this 'cause you don't know who i really am - by Alarian - August 26, 2018, 02:49 PM