Broken Boulder you only hold me up like this 'cause you don't know who i really am
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He's soothed by the kisses that follow his words, but the feeling of being overwhelmed creeps back up on him as Delight speaks. It's just too much emotion, and he's still not sure how to handle it — then he says thank you for being in my life and that's pretty far beyond too much but he's never needed to hear anything more, even if he doesn't deserve it. He doesn't know what to say at first.
I should be thanking you, He tells him after a couple beats of silence, pulling away to meet his gaze. You've been through a lot too, Delight — and I would've understood if you didn't want to take a risk with this, especially since I've been so stupid — but you're still here. Oh god, where is he going with this again? Shit.
Um, I guess what I'm trying to say is — thank you for trying even though we've had a rough beginning, He regrets opening his dumb mouth at all at this point, so half to shut himself up he presses a few soft kisses to Delight's cheek. Still, he can't stop himself from murmuring something he knows he'll regret even more: I won't leave you again if I can help it. Not for more than a couple days — I promise.
It feels strangely like signing away his freedom, because if he hadn't made the promise so directly he could have pretended it wasn't implied from promising not to leave this time (nevermind that he's not actually supposed to leave the Sanctuary that long anyway). But it's done now, and despite the feeling of finality, he doesn't mind as much as he might have thought. At least not yet.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you only hold me up like this 'cause you don't know who i really am - by Alarian - September 04, 2018, 09:37 AM