Ankyra Sound a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Her spine involuntarily bristled as the male's gaze fell upon her. She had been expecting it, but still -- being sighted by the enemy, the enemy -- all of those buried memories came back to her, more violent even in their resurgence than a stormy sea.

Raleska recoiled, despite the fact he was debilitated. Despite the fact he was waterlogged and roughworn, weak even. She wanted him to come no closer. "You do." Raleska replied, hoping the tone in her voice might serve as some barrier. Had she not been so spent in emotions already, she might have looked upon him with some sympathy. Instead she looked upon him the way a soldier might, dull, thousand-yard-stare -- was Drageda back, should she run, was her life now forfeit?

It occurred to her she could end it all now; she could strike him down, like Dacio and Opalia had struck her down not so long ago. They had come out of nowhere - the memory elicited a shudder of her spine, and she took another wary step back, looking around her as if expecting any minute to be cornered. "Are there more of you?"
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again - by Raleska - December 14, 2019, 07:32 PM