Larksong Grotto like a mantle of mystery
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
in some small way, wintersbane is glad that wylla’s feelings do not appear to be general consensus among sagtannet but that chance has come and gone and the tundrian has lain it to rest where it belongs. he offers a simple shrug of his shoulders. he is not offended by it, though it smarted at the time; and though he’d hoped to return to sagtannet …it’s not the only pack in the wilds for him. i will respect wylla’s decision. is all he says; smoky timbre lingering in the air between them for a few moments before another question follows.

moonspear, i think, wintersbane admits. i’ve known hydra a long time. and he considers her a friend, though he doesn’t know anymore whether that holds true for the queen of the spear. he’s not entirely destitute, he is glad to report. he still has wolves he considers friends in these wilds …and not all hope is lost for him to settle.

on the topic of thade, his attentions shifts back to the shaded area he’s left the boy. i know. i told him we would go to the borders in the morning. he needs the rest, nyx. he is malnourished. among other things …but the psychological damage the boy has suffered is more than wintersbane knows how to handle. malnourishment? he can fix.

he’s quick to mistrust. when i told him i wasn’t apart of sagtannet anymore he …well, his whole demeanor changed. it took a lot of convincing to calm him down …he may still not entirely trust me even now. wintersbane admits. whoever found him when he wandered away from sawtooth …they really did a number on him. he’s not the same boy he was. might never be that boy again. a hard thing for a parent to accept, wintersbane knows. would it have been quellcrist in thade’s position …well he would’ve been horrified and angry.
Messages In This Thread
like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 04, 2020, 10:01 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 05, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 05, 2020, 04:48 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Thade - September 05, 2020, 03:41 PM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 21, 2020, 06:27 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 21, 2020, 07:01 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 21, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 26, 2020, 03:39 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 26, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 27, 2020, 07:59 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 29, 2020, 06:17 AM