Introducing...
25 Posts
Ooc — Admins
TONY THE TIGER

Tony the Tiger is a Sumatran tiger who has been released into the Teekon Wilds following an unfortunate accident. Being in an unsuitable environment has made Tony cagey and unpredictable. The wolves of the wilds must band together to take out this formidable new foe before he can conquer their home!

Players can challenge Tony by starting an IC thread where they encounter the tiger and summon allies, if applicable, and a Tabletop thread for the accompanying dice game. A maximum of 4 characters can participate in each brawl. The goal is to defeat Tony the Tiger by reducing his hit points to 0. You may write out an IC thread turn by turn as you play the dice game, or write a thread once you finish the game and know the outcome, with players controlling Tony as an NPC in the thread. Tony can appear anywhere and is not restricted by such mortal constraints as time and distance.

Tony may be tough to beat early on, but to reflect the accumulation of injuries, his ability to flee will be reduced on August 1st. Tony cannot be killed even if he loses the fight, but will succumb to his injuries on August 31st.

TERMINOLOGY

HP: Hit points, representing the will to continue fighting.

All: When Tony attacks all opponents, each character rolls 1d10 to determine damage taken.

Follow Up: Tony will attempt a follow up action if he successfully performs the action to which it is attached.

Bleed: Your character is suffering from a bleeding wound. Roll 1d4 at the start of your turn and take the result as damage. Bleed persists for 2 rounds, therefore will cause damage twice before expiring.

Continue Down: After completing the listed actions, continue down the action priority list. If there is another true condition, perform the actions listed below it next. If there are no other true conditions, Tony's turn ends.

End Turn: Tony will cease to take any further actions and players may take their turns.

HOW TO PLAY

Tony the Tiger starts each battle with 100 HP.
Character combatants each start the battle with 20 HP.

Tony always takes his turn first and is instructed by a set of action priority conditions. Each condition is paired with an action prompt that Tony will take on his turn. Players will read through Tony's action priority list until they find a condition that is true. Then, they will perform the actions listed under the true condition. When Tony is instructed to attack, his target will roll 1d10 to determine the damage dealt by Tony's attack. Tony's action priority list can be viewed in this thread and in his profile.

Each character gets 2 dodge attempts. To dodge, roll 1d10 after Tony's attack damage is rolled and reduce your damage taken by the result of the dodge roll.

Once Tony's turn ends, all players take their turns by rolling 1d5 to deal damage. Players can take their turn in any order. Once all players have rolled, Tony takes his next turn. Continue in this fashion until Tony has 0 HP (win condition) or all combatants have 0 HP (lose condition).

ACTION PRIORITY EXAMPLE:
Is there an opponent with full health? [ACTION PRIORITY CONDITION]
Make an attack against an opponent with full health. [ACTION PROMPT]

In this example, if there is a character with full HP, the condition is true and you will perform the actions listed beneath it in order. If there is no character with full HP, this condition is false and you will skip down to the next condition, and so on, until you find a condition that is true.

Still confused? For a fully explained example of the dice game, click here!

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS

1. Players must win the fight by reducing Tony's HP to 0 in order to check off "defeat Tony the Tiger" for the Rising Sun Gauntlet. Tony fleeing may count as a victory IC, but does not count as a victory for the event!

2. A character being reduced to 0 HP is unable to continue fighting. It does not mean they are dead unless you want it to mean that. ;)

3. If a condition is true, but the actions listed cannot be performed for any reason, then the condition is considered false.

4. Characters may only dodge direct attacks that deal damage. They cannot dodge the bleed effect.

ACTION PRIORITY LIST

Does Tony the Tiger have <10 HP remaining?
Tony attempts to flee from battle! Roll 1d4.
1: Tony escapes and the battle ends.
2-4: Tony is unable to escape and battle continues.

CONTINUE DOWN

Does Tony the Tiger have <20 HP remaining?
Tony is enraged! Make an attack against all opponents.

END TURN

Is there an opponent inflicted with bleed?
Make an attack against the oppponent with bleed who has the lowest HP.

END TURN

Otherwise:
Attempt to inflict bleed on all opponents. Roll 1d2 for each opponent.
1: Success! The target is now bleeding for 2 turns.
2: Failure! The target avoids Tony's claws.

END TURN

Attribution: Action priority system inspired by the enemy intelligence system of Middara.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
223 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
This seems super awesome, but way to complicated for my brain. *Mind blown emoji*
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Mod
11 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
I'm so excited for this!! :D
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Whoa! This is cool! It’s also a lot of other things but definitely cool!
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — Meri
I am curious, had anyone challenged Tony yet?
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 19, 2023, 06:23 PM)Meri OOC Wrote: I am curious, had anyone challenged Tony yet?

I don’t know, I know I won’t be lol.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — Meri
I dunno about me, but I still haven't seen any tiger activity.
Sapphique
Aventurine*
THE PULSE WHEN IT RESPAWNS
574 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
(August 08, 2023, 06:37 PM)Meri. Wrote: I dunno about me, but I still haven't seen any tiger activity.

Heya! Tony is supposed to be an NPC that you roll on behalf of and include in your posts. I hope this part clears it up:

WOLF Wrote:Players can challenge Tony by starting an IC thread where they encounter the tiger and summon allies, if applicable, and a Tabletop thread for the accompanying dice game. A maximum of 4 characters can participate in each brawl. The goal is to defeat Tony the Tiger by reducing his hit points to 0. You may write out an IC thread turn by turn as you play the dice game, or write a thread once you finish the game and know the outcome, with players controlling Tony as an NPC in the thread. Tony can appear anywhere and is not restricted by such mortal constraints as time and distance.
NEGATIVITY, WE JUST DEAD IT LIKE D-CON.
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Yep! I just haven't seen any threads about tigers yet.