Stone Circle Hearts are wild creatures, that’s why our ribs are cages.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
“I’m sorry, Towhee,” she amends quickly, peeling herself away to draw back a pace. There is so much worry in her eyes. The girl’s ears fall with guilt but she goes on, mouthing the words clearly for the woman to discern, “everyone is alright.”

“It’s our alpha, Gunnar, he’s passed away. His mate, Taktuq has stepped down as well.”

There was more, too: the truth about Germanicus. The trouble with the wolf Bonario and how his and Gunnar’s actions had triggered a rift with their allied pack. How wolves had come to lay claim to the next valley over. She relays it all to Towhee, even that which she fears the most: that her divided attentions have taken her away from the children. That she’d been scatterbrained and absent during their most formative months.

She’d never felt so much like a child, crying to their parent! She’d have reprimanded herself if the roles were reversed! But in the moment she had little insight left. All she had was the worry, a most useless emotion.

She swallows the last of it, eyes passing over the woman’s, thick with remorse now.

“I’m sorry to… bombard you right when you get here. I’m sure it’s been a long journey, would you like something to eat? Maybe rest? I can take you to Fig.”
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hearts are wild creatures, that’s why our ribs are cages. - by Tauris - November 20, 2023, 07:19 PM