Two Eyes Cenote midnight city—
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 
another sister, gone. but with the death of Melody, unease sank like a stone in her stomach. the Gods were clear—They had not wanted Ashikaga on the throne,
but she would not let Them kill her.  
@Rashepses on one side. @Senmut another. Zaahira, standing across from her. for my wedding gift, bring me my sister—bring me our enemies. alive. but if it is between them and my sister, she breathes, do what you must to save her. would Ashikaga have run? she could not believe that of her, not how she had returned—
there was no time to waste. Melody was already dead, and if the Gods had Their way, Ashikaga surely did not have much longer. or whatever else They had in store… she had not the imagination for it! 
she prayed. prayed to Satsu, prayed to any that would hear. keep her safe. tell me she is alright. please, please— an endless prayer. it replayed in her head, again and again.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
146 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
His sunlit stare blazed. A girl was dead. A Princess was missing. The army of Ta-Senet would have been mobilized at once. His Pharaoh would not be denied. But here it was a command made of Akashingo who’d before failed to yoke the beasts, as such he held little confidence.

@Mesen-ka and I will move with you.” A pointed look was for the mazoi.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
the right hand of god belonged to her Consort.

leftmost, rebuked, senmut turned his bright eyes toward pharaoh, their core touched with grimness.

he dared not look into her face; his muzzle inclined only to murmur for her ear, "name zaahira jodai for her works. she will not fail you."

and should she, the title's loss would be much greater. but senmut's faith was plain, and now he returned to his position as holy servant to the god.
Akashingo
Sphinx
32 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous

Now it is him.
As it always has been.
It is Rashepses who makes their journey worth it. Proud. Relief. Fuel to the start of new- an all-knowing eye to his King and God from Ta-Senet: you made it. There are anchors lifted from him, and he is swelling with black fire. Now it is time for new.
He listens intently and locked to his Ra. Pharaoh Toula.
A beautiful wife. She fits him. There is nothing but selfless wishes that he now must learn how to navigate their empire halls, so that should blood ever be spilt, it is his. And not his brothers.
And for Pharaoh Toula, he's happy to share his man in honor, but she'd learn-- I'm your husbands husband!
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
i'm gonna be late to the party and hop in here!! <3 kick me if u'd rather me not LOL

hemet, dead; amiirad, missing. zaahira was not above the suspicion that ashikaga could have blood upon her hands. but that was not her judgment to make.
her eyes darken. i will ensure you have a pleasant coronation, and that you will make a safe return to akashingo, she declares. and then i will find her. i will find melody's murderer. i will do everything in my power.
she could not part until she knew pharaoh to be safe, to be comfortable — and selfishly, could not part until she saw the soil of the mesa again, knelt before sekhmet's altar again in pursuit of strength; just once. but the promise was real and true.
i will do it alone or accompanied. whatever your wish may be.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
the truth was Toula wanted none of them to go. be it Ashikaga playing her own hand of trickery or a pack of bandits, the danger was clear in the loss of Melody. she wanted no more gone, but she knew Zaahira was no fool to throw herself witlessly at something she could not win—she had proven as much not going to kill Khaba by herself when she very well could have. her self control was something to respect.
there was wisdom even in her counsel. perhaps whoever it was wished for haste—it would be better to prepare, take time. and she saw Rashepses and his wish to go, his wish to aid her. 
but Senmut spoke, and her eyes turned to him. she heard in him great care for Zaahira, and Toula knew he did not intend to make demands of her—only share his own wisdom. it is so because she has earned it, in so many ways. she is my Jodai upon the founding of Muat-Riya, a name the people had sang upon the finding of this place, and she found herself wondering who might have chanted it first. 
and now her gaze turned to her betrothed, to Mazoi, to Jodai and she said I trust each of you to this task. keep your ears open for any whispers of foul play, Toula knew that some rumors were just that, while others might have truth to them—she would not leave any stone unturned or voice unheard! 
she sighed, smiling softly. it could just be that my sister was dissatisfied with my ascending, and needed a breath of fresh air, and though it would be a shame, she would not discount that potential truth. her heart hurt to think of it. but we must let no one or thing steal our joy for what the Gods have willed. all will continue, as planned, or else they might truly meet the wrath of the Gods!
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
146 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
“The Princess will be found, my love,” his dark nose grazed her cheek then he motioned to his man. The riverprince would not chase after conspiracy, but we would tolerate none moving against their claim. The rays of Aten would spread. Any perpetrators would be brought to justice before the Gods. By trial or teeth.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
her will be done.

senmut dipped his head and allowed himself to be led, stepping aside from mazoi and jodai in a semblance of prayer.

power, unraveling. whoever had done this meant it as a curse against them.
Akashingo
Sphinx
32 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Murderer of Melody.
Today, he learns he is not doing enough.

Firm by Rashepses, stone. A crown is placed upon the Mazoi, Jodai's head, and he only listens as he bows his head. There is work to be done. Rooms to be touched and dusted, prints to match and blood to remember. Mesen-ka will remember.
For honor. To Melody.