Swiftcurrent Creek Welcome to the gang
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,144 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
All Welcome 
@Nanou, thought hey could meet!! AW for more wolves to join!!

There was a new wolf in their ranks and Arlette was curious about them. So she decided to be the bold one and search out the new wolf that decided Swiftcurrent was the place to be. She chuckled because sometimes she did really wonder with Akavir and Arric as their spokesperson. It was in all good fun though, because she knew Akavir better now. She knew how he could present himself and it seemed he had done a good job with this new recruit.

Arlette wanted to be welcoming so she had taken a piece of food from their cache. She couldn't say that she had hunted it herself but well, it was the thought that counted right. She would follow her nose to locate the scent that was unfamiliar to her.
Current State
Clearly Pregnant and showing
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
20 Posts
Ooc — Bone

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: naughty bad word alert

Nanou had spent the past few days lingering along the outskirts of the creek. Interacting with none, bringing back the occasional rabbit or fish and disappearing into the bracken once more.

Still, she’d been watching. Watching and listening to the amicable chatter, the friendly taunts and jabs and idle conversations that painted a picture of camaraderie long established. 

A pack of assholes- as Akavir so delicately put it. I could show you some true assholes—though, perhaps she just hadn't been paying attention to the right ones. 

How… strange. Foreign. At home, there was few instances of such things. Perhaps among commanders, but not among their warrios. She found little of that same competition here. Though, she’d expected that much, she was not naive enough to think every pack operated the same, but the change remained jarring enough to warrant a slow, wary introduction. 

She couldn’t help but feel like aprendiza—trainee, daunted by the task once more. 

She perked up slightly, rising to tall, slim black limbs and looking toward the pearly she-wolf who was making her way over.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,144 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette did take a moment to find the new recruit. She had been more on the outskirts of the pack than she had thought. She hoped that the female did feel welcome in Swiftcurrent and not that she felt that she had to say on the outskirts of their pack. Maybe it was just her personality to be like that. Arlette decided not to make any assumptions. She quirked up her lips when she saw the other. She was slender and tall.

Arlette dipped her head in greeting. Hello, I heard you are new to our pack. Welcome, Arlette spoke. She held her tail at midheight. She knew she was the beta and all, but she was no one to enforce rank on anyone. I'm the healer of Swiftcurrent, so if there is anything sickness or injury related you can come to me, if you wish.
Current State
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
20 Posts
Ooc — Bone
Nanou straightened her posture as the pearl woman sauntered over, a friendly sway to her bodice, and a universal gesture of greeting within the amicable sway of her tail. She stood in stark contrast to the woman of tenebrous shades she'd come to meet, not dissimilar to an angel come down to the cusp of the heavens, intent on mingling with the voiceless shades residing along the outskirts—and a healer too! Perhaps she really was an angel, of sorts. Nanou kept herself tightly wound up, inky tail wrapped around her hide and forelimbs. Her gaze couldn't help but be drawn to the scars which littered the healer's flank and face, a muted respect growing within her mind as she took in the other fully. Many of the soldiers back home were cloaked in the same vestiges of battle, though, as were the atormentada— lowest of the low. She would make no assumptions. 

I will keep that in mind then, thank you, miss. I am Nanou... I hope that I can be of some use around here. She remarked with a formal dip of her crown. ..If there is anything at all you- or the others need, please let me know how I can be of service. She finished with a sheepish, unpracticed smile, her own jaws unaccustomed to the pleasantries which fell from them. How strange it was to be spoken to in a manner void of demand. She quieted the venom which had been prepared and waiting to spill forth.

you can come to me, if you wish. 

even such a phrase alone stifled any ache for 'home'. That title belonged here now.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,144 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette realized when the other spoke that she hadn't even introduced her name. Hi Nanou. I'm Arlette, she spoke in return. Luckily that went smoothly. I'm certain. I am glad you decided to join us. Swiftcurrent could use some females, she chuckled. But now with Mae, Muskrat and Nanou joining there were more females than males in the pack. Arlette rather liked it.

That is kind of you to offer. Currently I am not in need of anything but I probably soon get hungry again, she spoke and shook her head lightly. Were you in a pack before joining us? Or were you on your own for a bit? Arlette was curious. She was glad they got some new blood and wanted to show interest. It was also good to know what the female's interests were.
Current State
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
20 Posts
Ooc — Bone
This place too, had lacked female company. She could see the relief in Arlette's face, and she too echoed the sentiment. One could only handle so much testosterone before it began to influence onself. Call it unwilling adaptation. 

...A bit of both. I.. defected.. She'd pause, and tease the air, reaching through memory. 6 months ago. I've been travelling alone since. It's been nice, in a sense. Peaceful... Boring. More labour intensive than cooperative work. I could complain, but I won't monopolize your time with my ranting. 

Nanou lets out a softer huff, an echo of a laugh, and tries to drop the formalcy she'd grown so accustomed to using.

...If I could.. I'll request you don't ask much of my previous home. It was a place that inspired no love nor loyalty. I want to start anew here. I've had plenty of time to dwell on the past, and it's bothered me plenty, given the time I've had to think about it on my own.  She would remark with a lighthearted chuff, swiping her tongue across ashen jaws and rising to her feet to circle the angel woman, taking her in with a friendly gaze.

Nanou knew her words were mere deflection. 

Wrong. It is because you are ashamed, soot sprite. You should be.

...Can you tell me much about Swiftcurrent? Any other packs I should know of? Rivalries? I don't want to chase the wrong wolf away, or be too kind to one undeserving of it. and here, the warrior shone through, inky paws flexed into the earth as a gleam of anticipation lingered in her wildfire gaze. She would hold her tongue before commenting on the other woman's scars, appearances could be such delicate conversation, she had to admit though, it didn't exactly set a comforting precedent; to most as least. Nanou however, would take the fights she could get, nothing made one feel so alive than to dance on that cusp between life and that of falling over the edge.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,144 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette offered her a kind smile when she paused and considered what to say. Arlette quietly listened though. She could understand the sentiment. She had been traveling for a long time as well and also favored the company of a pack. Ah yes. I agree it is rather labor intensive, she chuckled. Though sometimes ranting really helps to let those feelings out, she remarked. Thus, you are always free to rant if you wish. Arlette had to chuckle at that because probably Arric ranting about things was what got them close together.

Of course. I'm glad you told me. I won't ask further. The was no malice or annoyance in her tone. She actually could respect the female a lot for being so open with her boundaries. Something she had to learn far later in life, she still wasn't very good at it. Arlette hated to think that she had a bad past, but one could never protect someone from trauma or just plain unfairness. If it was such a thing.

"I can! Swiftcurrent Creek is named after the river that is very much part of our territory. You probably noticed that. At first it was lead by Akavir and Arric. They are ... How on earth to describe hem. They were a fun dynamic when I joined. Akavir I found rather scary at first, but deep down he isn't. Very protective and loyal, but also closed off. Don't be too offended if he isn't too forthcoming with you at first. He has a daughter named Mae. She also lives here in the pack. She recently got blinded by an attacker. She is much like her father. Arric is second in command, and my mate, she almost couldn't hide her pride. "My opinion might be a little biased but he is a good man. Very hardworking, and could always use help with the border patrols or filling the caches. He does curse though, kind of foul mouthed man, she had to grin a little at that. Arric and Akavir are best friends. Though sometimes the butt heads, like disagree, and the other time they do weird male friendship stuff. I can't really explain it but deep down they are very fond of each other I believe.

Arlette had only scratched the surface really. She could tell her loads more about each individual member. As for other packs. We are pretty much neutral with Kvarsheim past Duck Lake. There is a pack settling in Bearclaw Valley, not sure of their name, but we are friendly with them so far, she explained. We also have relations with Hushed Willows, their leader Reverie was a former pack mate of us. They are settled quite close to us on the Northside. Neutral friendly as well, there were some things that happened. Arlette shot the female an apologetic smile. That was probably a big information bomb for you, sorry about that.
Current State
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
20 Posts
Ooc — Bone
An information bomb, it certainly was, but Nanou didn't mind, she took in each sweep of fact with a scrying gaze, committing most of it to memory. The other packs would come with time, and with experience, though the directions Arlette offered would surely speed up that process. She'd make a mental note of it to commit their scents to memory. 

Akavir was fairly forthcoming with me, when we met just outside the borders. An interesting man to speak with, all things considered. Did you say his daughter was blinded? ....I'm surprised he met me under friendly circumstances, if something like that happened within your borders... Are they searching for the one that did it?

Her own father once would've torn plains and forest asunder, put his teeth to the throat of any stranger, guilty or not, were it she that faced such a maiming. 

Once. She wasn't worthy of that protection anymore, nor that love that she spat in the face of—but on a sweeter day in the past, when she remained his only girl, it would've been true.

You and Arric? Ah... Akavir mentioned that there were some.. little ones to be expected in the future. You have my congratulations. I'll see to it to assist Arric in whatever border or hunting needs he has. She'd dip her head draw her tail around her hide once more. 

..Men have interesting friendships. At each others throat one moment, sharing food as if never happened the next. I don't think they ever really grow out of it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,144 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette had been pleased to see that the information drop wasn't too ill received. She thought about Mae's attack and then gently shook her head. That's the thing. I think it happened outside of the borders. I am not sure, truly, but I am pretty sure it was away from our borders. Because she had been taken in by another pack and cared for. They are, I believe. Akavir will probably call for help if or when they find him.

Arlette couldn't help but grin a little when the other mentioned Arric. She always did that when speaking about him. Thank you! There are. I think within a few weeks you probably will be shocked at the size I might become. I hope not too large but one can't really choose that, she chuckled. You have my thanks. It is really appreciated. I seem to be hungry quite often lately, she had to admit, which wasn't a big confession since that was a pretty normal thing. Arric would appreciate it too.

Arlette had to laugh at that. Glad that she understood. This was a welcome reprieve from their antics. Though, she actually found it quite fun to watch. Nope, they don't. Unless our two leaders are actual children, she joked. She hoped she hadn't been too forward with the new female, but then again, she never meant to be insulting. She felt very safe and well taken care of by Akavir and Arric. I think you will fit right in here!
Current State