Swiftcurrent Creek It seems I have some time free
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
@Sovereign but also AW

Arlette kept his focus mostly on her tasks. She kept her mind busy with various med duties, pups duties, and... Arric Duties. She has taken it upon herself to help him with his burdens. Well, that might not be the right way of putting it, but he did a lot for the pack, and she wanted to help him to he would have a little less to worry about.

She went fishing already this morning. She didn't have a good day, but at least she caught some. She added it to the caches. She also checked on her daughter and grand daughter. With that in mind, she thought of Sovereign. Perhaps she should check on her as well. She wondered if the other was settling in. Then again, if she would run into someone else that would also be a welcome social event for the white female.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ensio had once again fallen into the background of day to day life. 
Her life...
The Princess felt irritation swell in her chest, soaring through her limbs, into her belly.

But it was upon seeing Arlette along the terrain that the youth's angers dimmed somewhat.
Arlette did not deserve to be lashed out at, not in any way.
So, the young princess pulled herself toward the smaller female with a few waves of her plume and a chuff, head and body held in friendliness to the Delta.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette watched the girl as she approached. It didn't seem as enthusiastic but it might also be nothing. She looked over her and then decided to at least ask about it. "Are you alright?," she asked curiously. Then she could decide herself if she wanted to talk about it or not. The woman offered a kind smile. "I've been wondering how you were settling in."
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Are you alright? 

"I guess." The princess shrugged with an uncharacteristically tired expression. 
Her tone betrayed the statement, but she visibly tried to shake the negativity from herself with a toss of her head, shake of her nape. 

I've been wondering how you are settling in.

"I'm settling in fine enough. I don't know about Ensio, though..." Sovereign admitted, the troubles she felt now beginning to surface, "He keeps...distancing himself, I guess. Falling into the background on a voluntary basis..." She felt the worry for her companion weave itself into her voice, a tremble to a young voice that wanted so badly to ring as strong and powerful as her mother's had.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette angled her head. She was about to ask for her to elaborate but the other girl continued. Ensio seemed to be her point of discomfort. Arlette offered her a soft smile. "Ah, okay," she nodded understandingly. "It never nice to have someone you feel close to take their distance." She didn't judge Ensio or would talk bad about him. Clearly he meant something to Sovereign so she wouldn't be judgmental (like her mother).

"I've spoken to him briefly, but I must admit I haven't smelled him in a while. Do you want to go look for him? I could help?," she offered.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign nodded softly to her Auntie's words.
It was never nice, especially to feel like someone you cared for was drawing away from you.

To the Delta's offer, the Princess shook her head with a feather-soft sigh. 
A defeated slump of her shoulders.

"Maybe he'll come around again eventually. He and I promised each other we'd never abandon the other, and we hold ourselves to that." She murmured, though it was audibly so.

Looking around, the youth eventually let out another breath, a gentle huff of sorts. 
"Maybe a nap will help, or something..." She stated uselessly, though her eyes found Arlette's face again now to see if the only remnant of her departed Mother had any sage advice, or activity offers, something like that...
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette felt for the girl. It was all to familiar. She had felt the same about some wolves and their hadn't kept their promises either. It was something one had to learn to cope with, which was extra hard when trust had already been broken. "Sometimes wolves can't keep their promises, not because they didn't want to, but sometimes because there isn't another way," she explained.

"My mate, Derg, he vanished one day. He promised, but I also know, he would never leave me behind or continue without me. Sometimes things happen outside of someone's control." Arlette tried to reason. "Not that Ensio and you are... mates, and if you are that -- Anyways that isn't the point. Same goed with friendship. And sometimes there is a harsh truth of a failing friendship and realizing that. It is a two way effort."

"You are welcome to join me for today if you like?," Arlette offered. It wasn't that she had such a busy planning but she could think of a few things to do. Or maybe that would help the Sov with keeping her mind of Ensio.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
We can fade this with your next reply if you'd like, Mar! <3

Sovereign listened as Arlette spoke, of a lost mate and how sometimes shit just happens.
That...as bittersweet as she knew it was, she could understand that much, even if it wasn't exactly what her Aunt just said.

Silently, the yearling nodded to Arlette's invite to join her for the day, a soft wave of her tail as she took a couple steps forward, stopping to allow the smaller she-wolf to lead the way to whatever they would be doing for now.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette knew it was hard, but she would do anything to support Sovereign in any way she could. Even if that was with the love of a friend, maybe a lover, it was not for her to decide that. She hummed when she seemed eager to go with her. Arlette smiled and then went to lead her in the direction of the meadows just outside the territory. Perhaps a change of scenery would do her some good.

- fin -