Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Private 
Akavir was gone again so was Wren. Silver had seen him and she had left a bitter taste in his mouth and here he was behind again. Eshe and @Arlette his only companions, but he wasn't close to either one of them  not that he didn't want to be. He was juat always at the borders, hunting or keeping what felt frayed together. It was a fucking lot.

Exhaustion was dogging his steps again and Eshe would freak but he pushed himself anyway, because who else was gonna keep their home intact?

Today though he decided to take a break and fish. Long legged stride and he went to where the water touched the black hairs of his belly. Featherlight and cold.

He watched and with careful precision began to fish.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had been working hard on the cache of plants. There also seemed to be always something going on with wolves being hurt. So it was good they had two healers now. Arlette tried to help where she could, though hunting would always be her least favorite. She felt bad at it, but with group hunts she felt a little more comfortable. It was just something that never seemed to be up her alley. Oh well. Today, she had been mostly watching and checkin up on others. It seemed that she wasn't done yet, as Arric was in the river, and he seemed to concentrate. The female moved into his field of vision and wagged her tail. She then joined him in the water, wading closer. But to her it came far deeper. "Hello, can I assist you?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric hadn't seen the white healer near as much as he saw Eshe. Which was okay. He liked them both just fine. Though a part of him wondered if she had designs on his leader too. It seemed that all the women that came into the creek were after Akavir. It was actually quite amusing.

There was no shortage of responsibility for either one of the healers. And they were both extremely skilled. Though Arlette was a little more quiet and go with the flow. He saw her coming and offered a soft smile, lighting up the blue of his eyes. The exhaustion still present, though slowly dissipating.

Course you can. Though a chuckle left his maw. The river won't sweep you away will it? HE teased and searched her gaze for whether it was welcome or not. Not everyone took his brand of well anything.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette noticed that he looked tired. But she also heard that he had not been well, on top of doing a lot for the pack. Arlette really respected him for what he did for the pack. "Ah, see, I thought of that, hence why I stand on this side, that if the water sweeps me away you can catch me," she returned with a hint of a smile. The girl looked down at the water. "I assume you are fishing?," she asked. She didn't have a lot of experience with it. She also didn't know if there were any fish that were close. The water was cool enough. It was refreshing. The girl glanced at the man. "Are you alright?," she asked then.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric did what hw could for his packmates and Akavir. Clearly even at the expense of himself, but it gave him no reason to dwell and he didn't feel as salty about it. Granted it had felt used and abused and a tender part still did, but he was trying to move on from it, in the wake of all the drama. He wouldn't add more it wasn't his style

Arric grinned. I got you. Snatch you right up. he nodded and he would do his best. But he was pretty sure she was good.

He chuckled and nodded yea though we may have to back up a little so you can properly see.

He blinked surprised at her question. A trademark smile. I'm alright. You don't need to worry about me. Its cute tho. Healing looks good on ya. Like you were made for it. Now.

He moved back a little hoping she'd follow so the water wasn't so high on her.

Now you probably fished before. But i always like to remind everyone. When you see a fish you wanna strike a little in front closer to their shadow than the fish cause of the light on the water.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette grinned at him. "Yeah. You always seemed to do that," she complimented. Arlette then looked at the water. She turned to him. "Won't it affect your fishing?," she asked curiously. There was probably a reason he was in this location.

She listened when he explained how he was. "I'm not worried," she returned with a grin. "I was just asking. I know you would ask for help if you need it," she added and shot him a teasing smile.

She turned her focus to the water. "I've tried it once or something, but I will take your tips in account," she offered. Arlette looked down at the water and didn't see a whole lot. Perhaps she would need to be a little more patient. Her red eyes studied the water. She did think she saw some shapes but they weren't close enough.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
I rolled odds catch evens miss. Rolled a 3. So.

He wasn't entirely sure which part she meant he always did, but it sounded like a compliment. So he chose to take it as one. 

A shrug. Probably not. Honestly i was a little hot wanted the cooler location and bigger fish deeper water, but there be mediums here so we're good.

He blinked and chuckled. Now I'm gonna ask you all the time little nurse.

He chuckled again. There weren't many here but there was a few. Blue eyes tracked the shadows and the glimmer of scales and with the ease of someone used to fishing. He took a deep breath then dunked his head catching a big one round the middle. Crunch, blood in the water and soon more would come, but he pulled the wriggling thing from the river.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's eyes widened. "Oh but please don't let me stop you from getting bigger fish," she commented. It did make sense that the bigger fish were in deeper water. She wouldn't be able to reach them. She chuckled. "Well you are always welcome, but I doubt you will," she commented.

Then the male, with a little focus snatched a fish from the water. Arlette marveled at the skill of the dark colored male. "Oh wonderful!," she complimented and beamed at him. She looked at the water but clearly didn't have the same skill as him. Arlette's tail was wagging. "Please don't let me stop you from going deeper, Arric," she urged him again. She could always linger around for company if he wished.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Laughter it bubbled. oh no you're gonna fish too. Isn't that what you offered? You afraid I'll outfish you?

A small tilt of his head a rare serious moment. Yea. I probably won't i don't like other's worrying about me.

Then a telltale smile. At her genuine joy. She was sort of fun. And her laughter was infectious.

He bumped her head for a minute. He stepped to put his prize on the shore and then moved back.

Alright Arlette. I'm turn you into a fisherwolf yea?

He told her to watch then he showed her with a paw where the shadow and the fish were. See how the shadow sort of peters in and out and the scales shine? Alright you aim for the shadow. And since that one bled.

He made a soft hmm. Yep he motioned at the many fish that were coning curious. bloodyhirsty little bastards. Fish eat other fish its a constant cycle.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette wasn't sure if she could live up to that. The girl had zero experience. But perhaps with some coaching she would manage. "Not afraid, certain," she admitted to him. She had always been modest, especially towards things she was unpracticed in. She noted down his comment about not wanting someone else to worry about him. Arlette understood, but it was also a little problematic if he wouldn't ask for help.

'Okay, I will try my best," she offered him then. She watched the shadow and followed it with her eyes. There were more fish now and she tried to focus on one. Arlette hesitated for a moment but then lunged forward. She instantly pulled back when water came up her nose. She failed. She snorted and coughed, with not even close to getting a fish. She looked looked a little guilty and embarrassed at Arric.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A soft chuckle at her adamant voice. She was certain she'd fail. Well then unfortunately she probably would. A soft glint in his gaze. He'd teach her to fish. So she had that, something else to be proud of.

She came up sputtering and he fought a laugh. Her embarrassment and guilt tangible. He nudged her, used part of his head to wipe off her face if she'd allow, his paws were wet. Then he looked around, eyeing the fish.

You almost had one. Now you had good form and you did well. Just remember to take a deep breath so you don't try and breathe when you put your mouth in.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette watched as the male cleaned her a little by rubbing his face against her. She allowed it. Her ears had flickered back, more out of insecurity rather than dislike for him. Arlette nodded at the advice. The female looked down again. A little unsure but then focussed on a shadow. "Okay."

She took a big breath, and decided to breath out a little when she surged forward into the water. She instantly clamped her teeth when she felt something against her tongue. The familiar taste of blood filled her mouth, and she clearly had something alive seeing that it was moving and trying to get out. She had pulled her head up and looked a little panicked in a cute way. She didn't know what to do with it.

Arlette moved to the shore and then dropped the withering fish on land. "I got one!!"," she breathed, mildly shocked that it worked.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
She didn't mind him helping it seemed qnd he felt a little bad. Would have preferred to use a paw. The act was a little more up close and personal than many were comfortable with.

A laugh bubbled out at her panicked expression. Amd he watched after with a smirk on his face. Though he did toss his head a little and then chuckling spoke.

And you said you wouldn't catch one. Look at you now.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette looked a little bashful when he complimented her. "Well, I sometimes I surprise myself," she told him. The girl often did that, she often thought that she couldn't do something and then she even surprised herself.

"Perhaps some beginner's luck," she muttered to him. She shook out her coat. "Leave the fish there?" she asked. She wasn't sure if that was the way of fishing. Maybe he would eat it right away.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled again and eyed the water waiting for it to calm down. He wasn't done fishing yet. Though he did remark.

You should have a little more confidence in yourself. So far anything you put your mind to you do well at it. You're much more capable than you give yourself credit for.

A soft mmhhmm at her question as he tracked a shadow and then pressed forward to snatch another. Pushing himself from the water he trott3d to her side.

He lay it down and nodded. Yea unless youre hungry you can eat,but mine are heading for a cache.

Ears splayed to his head. He was a little worried about the caches honestly. He'd really been the only one nearby to hunt and he was not a great hunter by any means.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's ears flopped back and she nodded quietly. She knew that, but it was a little hard. It wasn't in her nature it seemed. Plus, it was something she always struggled with. Her mother--- She had been be so good at hunting and leading the pack that she always compared herself to her mother when she was younger. Not the best way to grow up when her talents were clearly different from hers. Later in life she could see flaws in her mother but, then it had just become a way of thinking for her. "That is kind of you to say. I'm trying! It just takes awhile for me, especially with new things," she admitted. "Old habits," she added softly.

"Then I will help you fill the caches. There are enough others that would need food. Though, I might eat some to feed the pups," she told him. First she would help him hunt. She made her way back to the river. She focussed on what was moving below. The next few tries she missed. "It is okay I will try again," she told herself quietly. The next she hit and felt surprisingly proud of herself. She caught 4 more, all bringing them to the bank so they could fill the cache for the pack. This was far better than running after a deer that could kick you. She ... liked this. "How much do you want for the caches?," she asked him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric if nothing else had confidence in spades. However, he also knew what the sharp bite of insecurity felt like and it was painful.

Arric wasn't quite sure what else to say. Which honestly surprised him. He could usually talk a blue streak, but. It felt hollow to repeat the compliment, but also weird to just drop it. Arlette was such a genuine she wolf and he wanted to make her feel that he was being the same when he was, like now.

He settled for a firm nod. Everyone has hang ups sometimes and that's alright, but just know its true. You are.

Then a small smile at her admission to help him.

Works for me.

He joined her in the cool water and though he tried to continue helping. He was distracted by how quick she learned and proud as could be of her. He did manage one exceptionally large trout and that joined the others. They had a nice little pile.

A curl of lips not quite a smile. I think this is enough for now. You can go feed the babies if you'd like, they're probably pretty hungry. I'll do a border patrol and maybe flush some rabbit out.

He didn't want to admit he was growing tired. That his limbs felt a bit heavy. That he wasn't yet fully recovered. She didn't need to worry about him. He could manage.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had to agree with him. The fishing was nice, she was with company but they didn't really need to talk. It was just comfortable. When they had enough Arlette looked at him and nodded. "Alright, I will take two of the smaller fish then," she offered and pulled them apart. Arlette angled her head a little.

"You already fished today. Don't you think you should also rest?," she commented. She looked at him with a curious gaze. She never really saw him relaxing, only perhaps when he was watching the pups. Maybe it wasn't her place to say something about it. Maybe she could frame it differently. "I won't mind if you join me and @Cygnet after your border patrol?," she offered.

I hope my assumption is okay of Arlette watching Cygnet!! <3 If not let me know!!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He enjoyed his time fishing. And he'd be a liar if he said otherwise. He gave a nod to her request or statement that she'd be taking two. He figured that would be enough for her to feed the littles.

An ear to his head and he look3d around and sighed. I wish i could, but I'm a little worried about our caches.  We haven't hqd many hunts and there have been a lot of uh trips. I just.

A shrug of ahoulders a boyish look almost ashamed he'd said too much.

He chuckled and shook his head. I think i scare her. And i mean i get it. he was almost ten times her size.

I'm fine with that. 
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette ears fell back. She felt that she had been contributing to his stress. She was not a hunter, and would never be one. Though perhaps fishing lay in her future. But she always was hesitant around big game. "I can help! Next time howl for me. I can... chase!," she offered him. "I want to help. It shouldn't only be your burden," she admitted to him. She moved in closer and pushed with her muzzle under his chin to lift it, 'have confidence'. He shouldn't be ashamed.

"Please come. If I am relaxed around you it might help, and ... I would enjoy the company," she admitted, offering him a kind smile. She quickly looked away then. "But-- um... No pressure. If you just want to rest after hunting I understand," she quickly added.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
[Msture] swearing of course[/msture]

He looked her over. Eyes lingering on the ears pressed to her skull.

Hey now none of that. Don't feel bad.

A saucy wink to her. look at how much you helped me today. You even outfished me.

He nodded. Alright i will.

He could handle even most large game himself, but it was always nice to have someone there for help.

He pressed into her head for a minute then lifted his head. Don't you worry i got confidence in spades.

Arric chuckled she was fucking adorable. He nodded. Alright I'll be there.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette shook her head. "I don't. I just want to offer my help when I can. I have time to spare," she assured him, and offered him a smile. She saw the wink. He was rather flirty, but he was that with everyone. It wasn't strange at least to see. She offered him a smile. "It seems that I did," she chuckled, realizing that too.

Arlette dipped her head. Nudging him back. "Great. See you later," she hummed. She took two of the smaller fish and then trotted towards her den with Cygnet to feed her.

End.