trade system -- why 2:3?
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
i've been wondering, why can a character not have an equal number of trades and specialties? like, why not 2:2 or 3:3? is there a specific reason for this?
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There's two reasons:

1. This setup works best for our coding/layout.

2. We feel that it's reasonable for a character to excel in one or two fields (and then specialize in a few specific areas within them). We wanted to enforce a limitation to avoid "god mode" characters who're "the best at everything," you know?

Just because you can only officially nab 2:3, this doesn't mean you can't informally acquire additional trades. Our restrictions are just a way of enforcing practical limitations on the system.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any further questions.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — nami
Towhee dateline='[url=tel:1580259863' Wrote: 1580259863[/url]']
There's two reasons:

1. This setup works best for our coding/layout.

2. We feel that it's reasonable for a character to excel in one or two fields (and then specialize in a few specific areas within them). We wanted to enforce a limitation to avoid "god mode" characters who're "the best at everything," you know?

Just because you can only officially nab 2:3, this doesn't mean you can't informally acquire additional trades. Our restrictions are just a way of enforcing practical limitations on the system.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any further questions.

OH, okay. Thank you!!