Sleeping Dragon i want a eulogy while my body is still warm
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Following her panic attack, Wildfire felt too weak and shaky to do much but crawl back to Drageda and collapse beneath a bare beech tree to rest. She tried not to contemplate the fragility of her own life any further, lest she bring on another fit, nor would she let herself even think about Thuringwethil. But sleep didn't come easily either. Keeping her mind blank proved a very difficult exercise but at least it gave her something to focus on other than her possibly impending doom.

Somewhere along the way, she must have fallen asleep after all, because she stirred suddenly and it was very, very dark. She didn't know why she'd woken, at first, until her eyes adjusted and she saw a familiar silhouette nearby. Her heart jumped into her throat, not only because it was the commander but because she looked like she was poised for attack. And she wasn't facing outward, toward an unseen enemy, but right at Wildfire herself.

In her initial panic, Wildfire wondered if Thuringwethil had gone mad with hunger and was going to kill her for food. Although that set off every instinct of self-preservation in her body, she didn't dare move. If the Alpha intended to attack her, Wildfire didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of coming out the other side of the fight intact (even in prime condition, which she most certainly was not). And if she was going to die as a result of this godforsaken famine, what better way to go out than being eaten by the dark Heda...?
Messages In This Thread
RE: i want a eulogy while my body is still warm - by Wildfire - May 31, 2016, 05:29 PM