Sleeping Dragon i want a eulogy while my body is still warm
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire felt a flood of warmth from her nose down to her toes as they continued to share space and even breaths. When Thuringwethil inevitably drew away, the yearling very nearly chased her. But she planted her feet and remained rooted to the spot, briefly meeting the commander's eyes before respectfully averting her gaze. Although it flitted downward, her ears pricked, listening attentively as the Heda made a murmured confession. Her belly swooped at the implicit trust, the quiet intimacy of this moment.

Her mouth opened and she almost began babbling about her own episode earlier that day again—a misguided attempt at camaraderie—though it clapped shut a few seconds later. She couldn't go into detail about that, not without admitting things she never intended to let see the light of day (or night, whatever). Her eyes had widened slightly but her face softened again as she recollected the minutiae of her existential crisis. She had finally come to terms with the nature of her feelings toward the commander, then decided to repress them, only to realize that these secrets might literally follow her to the grave sooner than later...

What did she have to lose, if she was going to die? Wildfire inched closer to the black Alpha again, dropping her head to peek up at the taller woman from beneath her eyelashes. "Will you tell me about it?" she whispered, heart thumping. Maybe if the Heda was willing to share private things with her, the Delta could return the favor, even if the idea left her feeling breathless all over again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i want a eulogy while my body is still warm - by Wildfire - June 01, 2016, 01:40 PM