Sleeping Dragon baby you're a song
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Gyda was quick to reassure her, her voice mild as she mentioned some back pain. Wildfire nodded, folding herself onto her slim haunches. "I bet it's a bit of a strain, carrying around all that extra weight," she said in a way she hoped wasn't entirely tactless. She did have a habit of putting her foot in her mouth, after all.

Her ears pricked and eyes brightened slightly at the news of imminent delivery. "Really? That's great. Do you have names picked out and stuff?" she asked, feeling conversational despite her general hunger and weariness. She didn't even know the Viking Queen all that well, yet the pups were the future of Sleeping Dragon, and so a worthwhile investment for any self-respecting member of the pack.

"Oh," she said, suddenly remembering to acknowledge the scrap of food at her feet, "this is for you." She nosed it closer to the silvery Alpha female, then sat back with a quiet smile. It was naturally difficult to give up food at a time like this but, again: it was an investment. "And," she added, the thought striking her abruptly, "I wanted to apologize for running off the other day. It was really rude of me."

Gyda seemed to accept her apology, or at least she acknowledged it with an appraising look and curt nod. She also took the gift of meat, causing Wildfire to smile and breathe an inward sigh of relief. Despite her own chattiness, the pregnant she-wolf did not seem particularly talkative, which the yearling chalked up to her condition and/or the early hour. Taking her cue, she exchanged a few more pleasantries with Gyda, then made herself scarce after promising to bring by another snack later.
Messages In This Thread
baby you're a song - by Gyda - June 18, 2016, 06:17 AM
RE: baby you're a song - by Wildfire - June 18, 2016, 10:53 PM
RE: baby you're a song - by Gyda - June 22, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: baby you're a song - by Wildfire - June 22, 2016, 02:51 PM