Ravensblood Forest i hear it beckoning
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte could appreciate that the larger of the two males was a wolf of few words, but his level stare in addition to his brusque tongue did not suit her. “Look well upon me, vaitelias teräs,” she murmured tartly, the mischief in her eyes stilled by a sternness rarely seen in the jovial rogue, “and then look down.” The young mother-to-be was instantaneously defensive at the utterance of her mate’s name; there was simply too much at stake, what with losing their primary ally, gaining enmity from a pack of assassins, and having two pregnant females within Teaghlaigh’s garishly painted walls. Her coal-colored tail flicked testily as she evaluated the wordsmith — Conan, she learned — and caught the molten amber of his gaze.

The smaller male’s topcoat was not unlike Lia’s or Lotte’s in color, but the warm, honeyed gold beneath it set him apart. He was a beautiful specimen of a male, as was his rough-around-the-edges brother, and they bore a sharpness of feature that was faintly reminiscent of the wolf they sought. “It is Ceannasach you seek,” she offered quietly, “but Banríon you get instead. A bad deal?” She cocked her head to the side, a glimmer of her jovial nature still lurking there beneath the fierce lines and planes of her black-masked face. “If you are from Quicksilver Hollow, Conan, Declan, you know the rules of Teaghlaigh.”

Drawing her tongue across her lips, Lotte added an inquiry of her own. She didn’t personally need to know by which circumstances the pair had arrived at her borders — but how could she be sure that the two wolves weren’t lying about their associations to her husband? “Each of you will recite one of Teaglaigh’s cardinal rules,” she decided. If information for information was one of Teaghlaigh’s tenets, surely outsiders wouldn’t be privy to the Family’s inner workings. “Then you, Conan, will tell me what rank you can expect to hold until the Fearghal deems you worthy of more.” It seemed that the honey-and-steel brother was Doe to Declan’s Szymon, and Lotte would not pick on the social battering ram or fault him because of it. Satisfied with herself, Lotte grew silent, small, triangular ears pressing forward upon her skull.
Messages In This Thread
i hear it beckoning - by Declan - March 04, 2017, 01:37 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Conan - March 05, 2017, 03:06 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Lotte - March 05, 2017, 05:01 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Declan - March 05, 2017, 05:31 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Conan - March 05, 2017, 08:23 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Lotte - March 05, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Declan - March 06, 2017, 06:24 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Conan - March 08, 2017, 08:18 AM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Lotte - March 09, 2017, 10:27 AM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Declan - March 10, 2017, 03:51 PM
RE: i hear it beckoning - by Conan - March 11, 2017, 09:39 AM