Redhawk Caldera I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,029 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
So many things happened in the next few moments, which was especially disorienting for Towhee, who could not hear any of the verbal exchanges. But suddenly Elwood and Finley were both there, the former springing toward the trespasser while the latter came to hover protectively over the pups. Towhee sidestepped and crouched, heartened by her brother's warmth pressed against her shoulder and hip. With her body ducked in such a way, she could peer between her godmother's legs to see what was transpiring between the Alpha male and the trespasser.

-Outsider,- she signed without thinking, eyes narrowing as she watched the altercation unfold. She couldn't hear the stranger's taunts, nor read his lips from this distance, but the dangerous tension was palpable, as was the ire rolling off the Alphas in waves. Towhee responded instinctively to these cues, her hackles prickling and her tail beginning to lash, its feathery length brushing against Phox. Now that she had recovered from the coyote's sudden attack, her blood bubbled with indignation and an undeniable need to protect what was hers: her family members, the territory, their pack.

Never in her life had Towhee spoken out loud, save for quiet moments with Raven where they worked on her pronunciation, the girl's voice never louder than a low whisper. Suddenly, she bellowed, "GET! OUT!" The words came out sounding as if she had a mouth full of rocks but they were still mostly discernible, as was her intention as she weaved out from behind the Alpha female and ran fearlessly (and stupidly) toward the large black wolf, aiming to maul his closest ankle.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition. - by Towhee - April 14, 2017, 10:24 AM