Heron Lake Plateau Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If Screech's story was true, then his only crime was being a dingus (for wanting to pop by and say "hello" at another pack's borders, of course). He insisted he had never touched Galaxy. Towhee stared at him for a long moment, right at where his eye had once been, deliberating. Was it possible Hydra had twisted the truth, accidentally, maybe even purposefully? It had been an emotionally-charged situation, after all. Towhee's head pounded and her stomach clenched at the ramifications. She supposed it didn't even really matter anymore. When the Blackfeathers had forced their hand, it had effectively ended the alliance between Towhee and Hydra. The entire Barrier Mountains stood between them now: a literal impasse.

After a lengthy pause, during which Towhee's heavy breathing evened out somewhat and her legs quit their trembling, she said, "I believe you." She had been crouched somewhat, her posture entirely defensive, but she straightened out slightly even while keeping a wary eye on Screech. She winced as the movement aggravated her wounds, though she paid them no mind otherwise.

She felt brave enough to say, "I don't like you, but I believe you." That was the bald truth. "And..." she continued, Towhee's voice somehow slower than usual, "I still don't want to fight you. I never thought you'd try to fight back when I said what I said." She was, of course, referring to her threats the prior day. "I mean, it was was four-on-one odds, for fuck's sake. Who does that?" She exhaled sharply. "And I didn't expect the kids to do what they did. But anyway... Tit—Screech—whatever-the-hell your name is now... why couldn't you have just joined us?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 02:19 PM