Heron Lake Plateau I can't deny
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
The fact that Colt was willing to take one for the team did make Quixote a bit concerned, and he looked up suddenly.  What happened if he pissed her off enough to toss her out of the pack?  That'd leave Quixote all alone, from his perspective.  And it'd certainly be more dangerous for him to stay.  But where would either of them go after?  They certainly were two birds of a feather in many ways -- or at least two closely related species that could only be told apart by a minor difference in wing stripes or something.  Quixote was honestly not sure how tolerable things would be without him around for their complaint sessions and generally just having someone he could talk to where he didn't feel pressured to wear a mask or hold his tongue.  Either way, Colt really did have a much better chance of not getting the boot due to his family -- not to mention having far more inside sources to speak up for him and hopefully bring him back into the fold if it came to that.  But first, regarding Elwood,  I mean it is his job as beta to help out the alpha, it's not like it as a big stretch... 

Quixote was still wishing that he hadn't mentioned speaking to her in the first place.  More ways for it to go wrong kept popping up in his mind like rabid gophers, Yeah, I'm pretty sure it being both of us straight up would probably end up doing more harm than good -- too threatening or whatever.  But you don't have to leave me out entirely.  I mean if you're able to get her to realize there's a problem, volunteer me to help out with stuff or whatever.  I might be garbage at it too, but... A short pause as he, like in the conversation with Elwood shifted subjects again, explaining it in a far sharper tone than the perplexed one he'd used with the beta, But you know how I mentioned I was gonna go get us some more women to chat with?  Told her I'd been trying to do some recruiting and she looked at me like I had three heads.  Dunno if she just hates outsiders or she hates help.  In other words be careful, for both their sakes.

And then there was the fact he just couldn't shake the thought of the worst case scenario, What if she flips out on you? Do you have a plan?  Of course he was concerned for the well-being of his friend, not to mention his own if he was going to spend any amount of time in the resulting scorched and smoking crater of a pack after.
Messages In This Thread
I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 23, 2018, 08:46 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 23, 2018, 09:04 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 23, 2018, 09:16 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 23, 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 23, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 23, 2018, 11:43 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 24, 2018, 06:07 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 24, 2018, 07:04 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 25, 2018, 05:02 PM
RE: I can't deny - by Quixote - April 28, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: I can't deny - by Colt RIP - April 29, 2018, 09:51 AM