Sun Mote Copse I'm not about to fight until the last of me dies
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire didn't fancy herself a storyteller, nor did she have a very large mental library. However, she called up one brief and lighthearted yarn that she thought Weejay might like. Clutching her daughter close, the Sovereign cleared her aching throat and began.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful flower with very attractive colors: brilliant red, orange and yellow. The flower was very happy because everybody said she was beautiful. One day, it began to rain during sunrise and did not stop until nightfall.

When the flower woke up the next day and opened her petals, she realized they had all lost their color. Now they were white like snow! What had happened? The flower was so sad, she could not stop crying,"
Wildfire said, rubbing a paw over her child's tear-stained cheeks before declaring, "Suddenly, a fairy with wings and a long tail, colored like the rainbow, appeared!

'What's wrong, beautiful flower? Why are you crying?'"
the mother recited, changing her voice to suit the characters in the narrative.

'Because I have lost my lovely colors. The rain last night has erased them completely.'

'Don't worry! I will give you them back with my magic stick! But under one condition...'

'Which one?' asked the flower.

'I want you to delight everybody with your colors but also with a nice perfume.'

The flower accepted and the fairy spilled on her a liquid from the tip of the stick, so that the other flowers and inhabitants of the field could enjoy the smell of that slight perfume. Then she used that magic stick to paint the flower's petals with patience until she was as beautiful as before.

The flower thanked the fairy and promised she would keep flooding the field with her perfume, sharing it with everybody."

Short story translated from shortstories.net.
Messages In This Thread