Neverwinter Forest I guess I'll just go home.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She was all set to head off and show Ereshkigal the territory when her friend interjected, and then Mal, with his infuriating -- well, Malness. Talking down to Ibis as if she didn't know what she was doing; just like everyone else, finding faults where there were none. She knew how a pack worked (probably with more confidence than Mal himself) and felt her body's short coat begin to bristle in an uncharacteristic expression of her irritation. Once Mal was done explaining the obvious he turned to Ereshkigal and - rudely, thought Ibis - demanded information from the sweet girl beside her.

Ibis huffed and stepped forwards as if to physically block Mal from the girl, and cut him off.

She doesn't have to prove anything to you, Mal. I told you that I vouch for her. You can't control who lives in this forest all on your own, you know. This isn't a pack yet and you aren't the leader. Don't talk to me about what packs are like. She'd worked to prove herself in Lost Creek, befriended assorted wolves in neighboring packs with her skills, and what did Mal have to show for all his roaming? A sense of entitlement to some trees minus any support.

It was childish of Ibis to be this adamant, certainly. It likely wouldn't give Ereshkigal a good impression of their relationship or the end-goal of forming a pack here, but at this point Ibis was reacting, as she often did. This time though she was putting her foot down. Maybe you should be asking why she should follow you - and maybe I should too.
Messages In This Thread
I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 08, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 08, 2019, 08:35 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 11, 2019, 07:51 AM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 12, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 13, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 19, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 19, 2019, 10:29 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 20, 2019, 12:13 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 22, 2019, 10:30 AM