Neverwinter Forest I guess I'll just go home.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Mal went off - she expected it, so most of the noise didn't dampen Ibis' sudden expression of self-righteousness (if that's even what one could call it); she had been a doormat for too long and was at the edge of something new, feeling a flare of frustration burning inside of herself. As much as she wanted to counter all that Mal was saying she knew it wasn't the time or place to argue - she'd said her piece, and Mal retaliated with his posturing and his shouting.

It stung a bit to hear him speak of Elysium in such a way; she had no memory of such awful behavior within the willow forest, and took a deeply personal offense from the way he dubbed her elitist. Ibis didn't know the word but the way that Mal said it was infuriating. He was throwing a tantrum because Ibis didn't agree with him (or so it felt) and she knew she'd have to be better - and not fall upon the easy route of being childish right back - or she'd likely lose her place within Neverwinter Forest. But the more he spoke and the more she thought about it, Ibis didn't feel she was being treated fairly.

She had sacrificed her relationship with her own father to follow Okeanos on his quest, and Mal was at the heart of that quest. If being in the forest meant putting up with this, with being treated like this, and not having the opportunity to speak up when things didn't feel right, what was the point? That wasn't a pack; that was a dictatorship with a child at the helm. Ibis' pause gave Mal time to address Ereshkigal and his tone was a little bit different with her, although by that point Ibis had stopped listening.

There was nothing more to be said. By the look on Ibis' face she wanted to speak up again, but she glanced to Ereshkigal and gave her the opportunity to do as she pleased; there was no point in debating further when it was clear Mal didn't respect or care about her.
Messages In This Thread
I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 08, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 08, 2019, 08:35 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 11, 2019, 07:51 AM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 12, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 13, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 19, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 19, 2019, 10:29 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 20, 2019, 12:13 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 22, 2019, 10:30 AM