Hushed Willows like eating glass
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
I'm not sure if anyone from Elysium is gonna reply to my other thread so I'll be vague about it, as it is ongoing.

A day was spent investigating; Ibis leading Ereshkigal over the scent border (faded though it had become) despite knowing that she might be in trouble for it. This had been home - more so than the Sunspire where she'd been born, the pull that Ibis felt to this space was greater than anything. It was hard to learn of Lily's passing, harder still when Ibis could not face her grief, but this — losing it all like this — there was emptiness inside of her. The loss was too great for her to fathom; it was as if someone had ripped the heart from her chest and crushed it underfoot.

Ibis was in shock as she traced the familiar paths of Elysium. Not a word was spoken to Ereshkigal, unable to will herself in to telling stories; the memories were her last precious commodity, and Ibis held them in her fractured heart as if they were her very lifeblood. Eventually the other girl drifted off and gave Ibis a moment alone. The willows shifted and whispered in the wind, and for a few minutes all was still.

Then she heard a faint but familiar voice, and moved to meet it. As Ibis comes upon her brother she stops and realizes her limbs will not let her go further. She is staring glassy-eyed at the willows. It feels like there is a continent between them, but she sees Okeanos and in that moment her knees buckle, she crumples to the dirt.
Messages In This Thread
like eating glass - by Okeanos - September 20, 2019, 02:04 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 20, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Okeanos - September 24, 2019, 10:24 AM
RE: like eating glass - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 28, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Okeanos - October 09, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 09, 2019, 03:40 PM