Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Rain fell, fast and hard, as Meerkat peered out from the shrubbery. Towhee stretched out beside her, seemingly relaxed but with a frown pulling at her face. The pup didn't mind her mother for the moment, fidgeting a little as she waited for the shower to pass.

As soon as it began to taper, she burst out of their makeshift shelter and then swiveled, ducking into a bow. The Regent slowly stepped out after her, shaking out her coat, which she followed by shaking her head lightly at the youngster. Her face looked even more drawn, even though the weather was clearing.

Meerkat cocked her head questioningly. -"What's wrong?"- she wondered, bounding up to her mother and nosing at her cheek. She barely had to stretch upward to reach, she'd grown so much lately.

-"I just miss your sister today,"- Towhee replied, returning the nuzzle, eyes fond but sad. -"You remember Fennec, right?"- she asked and Meerkat saw the brief alarm that entered her mother's orange gaze

-"Ya! I miss her too. Where is she?"- the pup answered.

The worry left Towhee's eyes, though not the melancholy. -"She's out having an adventure. She'll be back someday..."-

Meerkat nodded eagerly to acknowledge this, then paused as if pondering something. A moment later, she abruptly reared onto her hind legs and slung her forelegs around Towhee's neck. She staggered a moment, clinging to the Regent to avoid falling over, and then hugged tightly against her. Her tail beat the air and she just held on for a few seconds before letting go.

The hug attack appeared to have worked. Towhee was smiling a little. Meerkat returned it, then twirled again to face the wet rendezvous site at large. She wanted to run off and explore but she hesitated, in case her mom needed her to stick close right now.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
“A hug is always the right size.” —Winnie the Pooh - by Meerkat - June 09, 2020, 01:20 PM