Broken Antler Fen well I'mma go down on a railroad track
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Their foreheads touched for a moment, with the man craning low to make up for Ibis' lack of height. The woman remained stunned that her beloved shadow had returned and so she was quiet, biting back the urge to start sobbing right there. Warm, happy tears would have taken up residence along her lash line had she let them; there would be no stopping the waterworks if that were to happen.

There were other things to ask, to talk about. So much to talk about — he could probably tell that she had gained weight, that she smelled of her newborns. A part of Ibis was almost afraid to broach the subject; moreover, she did not want to move from this spot with him, but not out of some deep love (which was present). She did not want to bring him near her newborns. The thought shocked her just as much as everything else.

I missed you, her husband croaked.

I— thought you were dead she wanted to say, but couldn't. Was it even true? Having hoped for so long that Akavir would return, but knowing from experience that the universe had other plans for her time and time again, Ibis had not hoped for long. She had not let herself get strongly attached to the idea things might work out for once.

And now, this.

I'm so happy you're home, she managed, swallowing her emotions as best she could. Guilt bubbled up and burned at the back of her throat.
Messages In This Thread
well I'mma go down on a railroad track - by Akavir - May 10, 2021, 09:33 AM
RE: well I'mma go down on a railroad track - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 13, 2021, 01:40 PM