Wapun Meadow I won't turn back anymore
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The boy's ears fell back against his crown, wary eyes never leaving his sister's face. He'd witnessed the bristling of her fur, mimicking his own, but caused by something else. She defended her case, insisting she was being honest, that she'd actually been searching for him and their father. A part of him wanted to believe her—a large part of him, at that—but he could allow himself to. It was a trick, he was sure of it. She was toying with him, trying to make him lower his guard so she could hurt him all over again. No, he wouldn't let that happen, he wouldn't fall victim to that type of betrayal again. "I don't believe you!" he insisted, but his tone wavered. It was a slight difference in the pitch of his voice, but noticeable enough for it to be obvious that he wasn't quite sure what to believe. Nanook was his sister, he'd recognized her as such from the very beginning, but she'd chosen someone else over him... that day, without him even realizing it, ties deep within his heart had been severed.

The words did not cease, but it was her final sentence that had the largest impact. Despite his desire to hold fast against her blatant lies, he could not refrain from breaking down at her last sentence. She hadn't wanted to leave. She hadn't wanted to go off with that woman, she hadn't wanted to abandon him or their father. Xan's legs began to shake, his body trembling as he fought an internal battle. Slowly, he took a step towards her, though his ears remained pinned against his head and his tail tucked itself between his thighs. He was scared. For seemingly the first time ever in his short life, he was terrified of both his own actions and those of another. "Then... then come with me!" the boy urged, closing the distance some, but not entirely. He didn't know if he could do that, if he could touch her without being hit with pain all over again.

"Dad misses you. He misses all of you. He's sad without you guys there—without you there." Though Alexander could not observe emotions as well as his father, he was certain the elder wasn't himself. He'd lost majority of his family, all the daughters he'd been meant to watch out for and protect. The young Inuit did not understand the emotional turmoil that came with that type of loss, but he didn't like seeing his dad without a smile on his face. "The pack we went to is nice, I promise. They're like a big family, they watch out for each other..." his voice trailed off towards the end. Never would he have suspected he'd accept the pack as a part of his family, but he had, and it felt nice. Still, an emptiness remained within him, a hole in his chest that could not be filled by anyone other than his siblings. "Nanook, please." His odd gaze met her's directly, showing a mess of emotions in their depths. "Come with me, come live with dad and me. He, I—we miss you."
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
I won't turn back anymore - by Xan - December 12, 2015, 02:03 AM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Nanook - December 23, 2015, 11:35 PM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Xan - December 25, 2015, 11:32 PM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Nanook - December 28, 2015, 09:45 PM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Xan - December 31, 2015, 12:04 AM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Nanook - January 01, 2016, 10:45 PM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Xan - January 06, 2016, 08:21 PM
RE: I won't turn back anymore - by Nanook - January 15, 2016, 11:58 PM