Broken Antler Fen I miss being at home in the woods
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
another AW thread adressing the ice storm on the 20th

The rain had pelted down on her den; the soothing sound calming her soul enough to curl her head against her den mate and sleep soundly for once. Liri's brown eyes had watched the thunder and lightning through the entrance to her den, catching only illuminated glimpses of the Cove as they were brightened to the light of midday. The wind howled in her ears and when she could no longer keep her eyes open; Liri drifted into a heavy sleep that was for once not haunted by nightmares.

The morning brought with it a silence that pressed on her eardrums louder than any ice storm. The stillness was unnatural, eerie. It prompted Liri to her paws and she padded out of the den, leaving her partner behind. The arctic femme dipped her head to exit the den, eyes widening as she raised it once more to survey the world around her. 

The world was a kingdom of ice.

Overnight the Cove had been transformed. In the place of trampled down snow drifts littered with pawprints and barren trees that scraped in the wind; was a sheet of ice. 

The ice coated every surface, chilling the pads of her paws as she wandered slowly over it. The trees were preserved in an icy shell and the stump at the middle of the Cove glistened in the pink streaks of dawn. As the sky slowly brightened with fuscias and oranges and yellows and fiery reds, the icy world was turned to fire as the colors shone through.

"Beautiful..." Her words were puffs of white air, scarcely visible in the dark of the Cove. They broke the silence as a smile crossed her face.

The fiery sunrise and icy shroud were truly stunning. It was as if a small piece of her homeland had been brought here to Teekon. Liri could feel her spirits lift for the first time in months. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 21, 2017, 11:59 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - January 22, 2017, 07:11 AM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 22, 2017, 09:55 AM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - January 22, 2017, 04:58 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 22, 2017, 08:50 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - January 23, 2017, 02:16 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 23, 2017, 06:46 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - January 26, 2017, 08:57 AM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 26, 2017, 06:34 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - January 28, 2017, 11:29 AM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 28, 2017, 11:42 AM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - January 31, 2017, 08:02 AM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - January 31, 2017, 06:11 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - February 05, 2017, 03:30 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Síff - February 07, 2017, 07:39 PM
RE: I miss being at home in the woods - by Sebastian - February 08, 2017, 02:43 PM