Broken Antler Fen i've got fire for a heart
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri's nightly patterns have not gone unnoticed.

"It's hard to hide a descent into madness when it leads one to flee their den in a panic. Not to mention repeatedly beating your head against a tree."  The Tiny Voice sounds annoyingly like Aaron tonight.

Needless to say, she thinks on the incident with Pearl with embarassment. 

She is often unable to sleep. There's not much to be done in the empty hours of the night. Most times Liri drifts through the territory in a daze. When the sun rises she freezes in confusion; leaving to patrol the borders or hunt as if waking from a dream...

It's best to keep her mind busy, so she's learned.

This night finds her resting outside her den, pitying the poor wolf who got forced into sharing with her. She sleeps outside most nights now to avoid waking them with her instability.

Liri likes to think that it's a courtesy to do so, just like how the other pack member within doesn't mention the night terrors. It's only polite not to comment on your neighbor's insanity, or so she assumes. 

The pup, however, is a new addition to her insomnia-driven vigilance. She watches him, obviously unnoticed thanks to the snow that matches her fur, as he pads across the clearing. For a moment, he stumbles over something. Liri frets, concern wrinkling her brow, but he is uninjured.

Liri watches him go, curiosity in her gaze. Deciding to keep an eye on him, given his relative youth, Liri rises to her paws and follows after him. 

The child leads her, unknowingly, to a large rock which he perches. His head tips back, obviously looking skyward to the stars. 

Liri watches this from the treeline, considering approaching the pup mostly because she worries far too much and doesn't want him out here alone. Maybe it's some strange effect of her past, but to her it doesn't matter. 

Liri knows what monsters lurk behind seemingly normal faces. She's seen what people are capable of. The idea of leaving this child alone causes knots to twist in her stomach. 

Sidling up beside him, careful to make a bit of noise so as to not startle him, Liri settles beside him. 

She does not speak, mostly because she's never interacted with children outside of her horrible step-brats. Liri has no idea how to speak to children. 

Being in the company of someone else, even someone as young as the ash colored pup beside her, is surprisingly comforting. She can't remember the last time she longed for companionship.

Liri wonders silently if she approached for his sake or for her own.
Messages In This Thread
i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 19, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 04:52 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 06:32 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 07:07 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 21, 2017, 05:17 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 23, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 25, 2017, 06:38 AM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 26, 2017, 05:26 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - March 01, 2017, 04:40 PM