Broken Antler Fen i've got fire for a heart
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
There is something endearing in the way Mato refuses to believe that he has more knowledge of the stars than she. Liri smiles briefly, genuinely, finding that perhaps talking to children isn't so hard.

Liri watches avidly as his story unfolds, gazing skyward to the constellation he traces in time to the tale. "Talons," she supplies without interruption, lifting a paw and copying the same kneading motion.

When it is her turn to point out a constellation, Liri chooses one of the few that can be seen year round here. At home in the freezing wastelands she was born into, it had always seemed supernaturally close. As a child, she had believed she could reach out and touch it. 

"That one there. Draco the Dragon," Liri points, tracing the shape of it.

"My brother once told me that a dragon was a seal that was as large as a polar bear. He said that dragons could breathe ice and make snow take on shapes."

"Draco was trapped in the sky because he was too curious. He wanted to reach the moon. He built a large hill out of snow, and became stuck in the sky when he reached for the moon. The snow melted eventually but Draco could no longer reach the ground."

The story comes out much more wistfully than she had intended. Liri had not realized how much she missed her family, betrayed or not. She found it easier to be alone but loneliness was not something she relished.
Messages In This Thread
i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 19, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 04:52 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 06:32 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 07:07 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 21, 2017, 05:17 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 23, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 25, 2017, 06:38 AM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 26, 2017, 05:26 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - March 01, 2017, 04:40 PM