Broken Antler Fen If you let my soul out
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
[tr][td]She is healing.

Her physical wounds have long since hardened and scabbed; they are pink souvenirs, stark against her pale pelt. 

It is her mind that was most disconcerting, flitting like a  broken bird from branch to branch. It festered; a flesh wound prodded and picked. Her mind had begun to harden. 

Fear does not cloud her thoughts; it does not guide her steps as she wanders the forest. 

It was still there, hidden beneath her flesh. It burrows, an animal seeking shelter, visceral and angry. The fear has turned to rage. The urge to make something bleed is in the roots of her teeth, the marrow of her bones, the beat of her heart. It waits a chance to strike should any be witless enough to attack her once again. 

She escaped. She is free. 

The scent draws Liri from her thoughts. It is the rich smell of blood on the wind; not one of her pack mates but a deer. She follows the trail with a confidence she had previously lacked in her movements. 

The woeful thing she comes upon is pitiful. Liri would be doing it a favor if she kills it.

It has wandered into their territory shallowly, a bleeding dolphin in the midst of sharks. Its ankle is trapped in some divot, a warren for a small mammal recently brought out of hibernation by the warming temperatures. 

The ankle has snapped clean through; splintered bone peeks between ripped tendon and the blood spilt is the tantalizing source which drew the waif. The deer, a scrawny doe lacking in fat from the harsh winter, has buckled to its knees to avoid straining itself.

The doe eyes Liri with panic as she approaches. It does not struggle for fear of pain shooting up its leg but a wretched bleat escapes its mouth. 

The wraith pities it briefly. In an act of mercy, she rips its throat out and watches as the life leaves it with a choked gurgle.[/tr][/td]
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
If you let my soul out - by Síff - March 07, 2017, 08:45 PM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Burke - March 15, 2017, 10:36 AM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Síff - March 15, 2017, 05:55 PM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Burke - March 21, 2017, 04:15 AM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Síff - March 28, 2017, 07:37 PM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Burke - March 31, 2017, 04:45 AM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Síff - April 02, 2017, 09:07 AM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Burke - April 03, 2017, 11:21 AM
RE: If you let my soul out - by Síff - April 06, 2017, 05:59 PM