Redhawk Caldera I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
They weren't supposed to leave the rendezvous site without an accompanying adult. They both knew that. But they were growing bigger and bolder every day, gaining confidence and perhaps a bit of youthful defiance too. Today, Towhee and @Phox took it upon themselves to sneak away from the safety of the clearing. The former led the latter straight toward the borders with the intention of performing a patrol in the hopes she could report back to the adults, who would be too busy being impressed by her initiative to scold her (wishful thinking, little bird).

They bounded along the borderline, her brother occasionally veering away to check out a neat-looking insect or rock. Towhee stayed fixed on the course, sweeping their surroundings with her darkening eyes. She only directed her attention elsewhere whenever Phox bumped against her to show her his latest discovery. Towhee met each of these with an affectionately indulgent smile. Apparently he was working on becoming something called a naturalist and while Towhee didn't truly understand the appeal, if it made Phox happy, it made her happy too.

Her frolicsome sidekick had wandered away again when something made the fur along Towhee's spine prickle. She slowed to a stop, pivoting on the spot for a 360° view. Partway through her spin, something absolutely clobbered her to the ground. She went down like a sack of potatoes, the rough impact knocking the wind out of her and leaving her struggling for breath. Towhee squirmed, gasping, kicking her legs against her assailant: a desperate, starving, three-legged coyote.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition. - by Towhee - April 05, 2017, 10:34 AM