Moonspear Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't realise the difference between astrology and astronomy so he did not see his error there. When Olive said they should watch stars together some time it seemed like a far shot, but maybe it would be a good way to try and mend what was broken between their families now. The boy's insolence shouldn't stand in the way of him liking its parents, perhaps, but still Charon found himself on edge around the whole family now.

"Yes, we shall sometime," he decided to extend his paw, then. Maybe Olive wouldn't be so bad if they'd get to know each other a bit better.

She then went on to explain that her children were named for the stars, and he nodded, glancing at Hydra. Charon did notice that she had intended to add a third, but he guessed that it was a deceased child. Those things simply happened, if you had a weakling among your brood. He felt extra proud as he looked at Hydra and thought of his own, all four strong and alive today. "So were mine," he said — he didn't make way to tell all the names of his children; she'd find out by herself sooner or later.

Much learning to do indeed, Charon thought to himself, but he made no more mention of it other than a grimace in response to her words. Then Hydra said that Lyra liked learning about plants and Olive asked after Lyra and Pyx' appearances. "Lyra is identical to Hydra," Charon explained. "And Pyx is brownish grey. She's not family, not by blood anyway." Pyx often felt like a part of the family because she had been around for quite a while by now, and had seen his daughters grow up, but they weren't bound by blood.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be - by Charon - May 17, 2017, 01:55 AM