Moonspear some plans were made and rice was thrown
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Olive's delight towards her condition and the promise of upcoming newborns was something that would always feel a touch foreign to her, but it was admittedly a relief to see. She liked to know that the pack would take an interest in them, when the time was right for it, and she hoped to see it translate to an easy upbringing for her next brood. Spring had sprung and saw fit that she bear them.

Wonderful was probably not her first choice of phrasing for the anticipation she had gathering thickly now as she closed in on their birthdate, although there was no denying her satisfaction with the progression of her family on the mountainside; that, more likely, was what was wonderful to her.

But the gratitude poured, feeling very genuine to her, and she swept her snout in a short nod. "I am not surprised," she agreed with how tumultuous it could have been for them, strangers, looking to find the delicate balance within the claim of her family--rough, harsh on more than just their edges in many cases. She knew it could not be easy. Lesser wolves wouldn't even withstand. "It has been very good to me," this she did agree with, Moonspear was wonderful and undoubtedly, one of her strongest ascensions yet. "Although timing is never my strongest of suits, I worried my lot would not make it easy for yours because of it. With the older girls almost to their adult rankings, and new pups coming somewhat suddenly.." gently her ears fanned out, it didn't need said; Olive had seen it firsthand. Maybe they were all extra tense about it, and about to undergo quite a shift to dial them up in preparation.

Nevertheless, she now knew enough about herself when it came to ushering her young into a stable life, and knew roughly about how it would go--that she would be most interested in her young when they were less immediately needy, although she would tend to them all the same. The notion of Olive carrying some of that weight had a definite appeal, but with it came a strangeness about it; she was possessive about her little ones last year.. her firsts, four vibrant daughters, and largely without other wolves around experienced in whelp-rearing. Maybe that could wane sooner this go, with this to help. "Good to know," she noted softly, beneath a gentle smirk. "Last year, we had very few sitters unfortunately." Ame shook her head. Especially after Floki was lost, and mainly it had whittled down to her, Charon, and Pyx after Aesop left them too.  "They will only be my second. I do.. prefer knowing firsthand this time, though. I do feel lucky with all of this in mind.." she humbly mused, having enjoyed her relative stability since the last litter had been born. Naturally, she liked it this way.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
some plans were made and rice was thrown - by Olive - May 01, 2017, 10:40 PM
RE: some plans were made and rice was thrown - by Amekaze - May 24, 2017, 10:10 PM