Redhawk Caldera Most people think I burn hot, it's actually quite the opposite.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although Towhee couldn't hear, she nonetheless listened carefully in her own way as Elwood offered another perspective that called back to her recent story time with Finley. Having given her this food for thought, her uncle the moved on to oblige her request. He urged her to get to know Gannet (she balked inwardly but schooled her face) and then mentioned Ashton's odd manner of speaking. She had noticed, actually, and she was none too pleased.

-I couldn't understand most of what he was saying,- she complained, which was really a large part of Towhee's beef with outsiders; communicating with them was challenging at best, impossible at worst. -And he called me a 'doll.' I didn't like that. I told him not to. But he kept doing it.- Here was evidence of why she shouldn't like him, outside of his unknown status, and she quirked a brow at her uncle to see what he'd make of it. But then she shook her head a moment later, as if to say, "Forget it."

-I'll find Gannet sometime,- she signed slowly (and a bit reluctantly, to tell the truth), -but I'll have to think about Ashton.- Towhee raised her eyebrows, then smiled a little cheekily at her godfather, happy with the outcome of their discussion.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)