Redhawk Caldera You don't have to be ruled by fate.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If the question caught him off guard, he didn't show it. Elwood turned to face her, opting to speak rather than sign, which made sense as they continued to plod along the borders. She watched his face carefully, nodding at his sensible response. Towhee immediately thought, I'm dedicated and helpful. She blinked. She couldn't pinpoint when the idea of pursuing leadership might have entered her head but she could not deny her seemingly sudden interest.

"Do you think," she began slowly, "that I'd make a good leader someday?" Her heart skipped a beat. It was one thing to think it but another to voice it, to put the idea out there in the wild. Plus, she was genuinely anxious about her godfather's feedback. What if he didn't think she'd be cut out for it? What if he thought her handicap or the chip on her shoulder would hold her back from obtaining such a position?

Finding herself feeling defensive and prickly, the Xi said, "You won't find anyone more dedicated—or loyal—than me," to help make her case. Aware that she wasn't giving her uncle a chance to get a word in edgewise but seemingly unable to help herself, Towhee added, "I'll never leave. I'll always be a Redhawk. And a Blackthorn." She caught his eye as she said that last bit, which was something else she wanted to discuss with him. But it would have to wait for now. She finally shut her yap to allow the Alpha male to speak.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Towhee - June 21, 2017, 10:30 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Elwood - June 25, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Towhee - June 26, 2017, 08:28 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Elwood - June 27, 2017, 11:45 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Towhee - June 27, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Elwood - June 30, 2017, 10:38 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Towhee - June 30, 2017, 11:29 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Elwood - July 03, 2017, 06:48 PM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Towhee - July 05, 2017, 08:10 AM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Elwood - July 06, 2017, 03:35 PM
RE: You don't have to be ruled by fate. - by Towhee - July 06, 2017, 05:50 PM