Stone Circle That you'd smile
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alexander was still—rigid—as he waited for answers, unable to keep his gaze from trailing back to her abdomen every time he tore it away. Even as her comment was made, he remained focused on her midsection—that is, until she answered one of his inquiries, and he realised just how little he knew about pregnancies. Dragging his eyes back up to meet hers, he gave a slight tilt of his head and asked, “How long until they’re born, then?” The weeks leading up to the births of Nemesis’ children had not been counted, their existences having always meant nothing to him. That, coupled with his lack of interest in having questioned his father about the steps of reproduction whilst growing up, left him without the knowledge of how long it took children to be born. The topic itself kept him from focusing on the fact that a name was not given to the father, thus keeping him from doing something either incredibly stupid, or pitifully arrogant.

As the pack within the grove was brought up, he felt his chest tighten. Hardly a beat later and he’d eased up once again, forcing the band of loners from his mind. “It didn’t,” was all he said in reference to it, wishing to forget having ever been a part of them. And, hopefully, she would allow him to do just that, which he assumed to be the case the second their conversation progressed. Though, the next matter wasn’t any easier to speak about, especially since he’d not even thought to consider joining her someday. Frowning, he could only shake his head, requiring a moment or two to figure out how best he might explain himself.

“I won’t be joining your pack,” he said after a minute or two of silence, knowing it wasn’t the place for him. “I’m... I’m going to take back the valley—reclaim Bearclaw and rule over our parents’ land.” For now, it was the only place that offered him the sense of security that he so desperately needed. Some terrible things had happened there, once upon a time, but the positive outweighed the negative whenever he looked back through his memories. “And am I not allowed to ask about your life?” was his next question, her remark having not gone unnoticed. “You’re my sister, you’re pregnant with my nieces and nephews—why can’t I ask about you?” His tone had changed drastically, switching from accusing to genuine curiosity. Of course, he would never recognise said change, but would instead proceed with the belief that he’d done nothing that should have offended her.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
That you'd smile - by Xan - August 09, 2017, 01:22 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by RIP Valette - August 09, 2017, 07:23 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by Xan - September 05, 2017, 01:51 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by RIP Valette - September 05, 2017, 03:59 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by Xan - October 03, 2017, 02:02 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by RIP Valette - October 06, 2017, 02:18 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by Xan - December 06, 2017, 03:19 AM
RE: That you'd smile - by RIP Valette - December 06, 2017, 06:24 AM