Redhawk Caldera Old man needs food as well.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although Burke's accusations made her fur prickle defensively, Towhee didn't refute any of them. Hers was a pragmatic worldview, there was no denying that. And it was entirely possible this old man brought value to the pack in one way or another. But she very much doubted he was helping with the hunting, which was the only thing that mattered now that game had grown scarce. Her lips pursed at his third and perhaps most accurate allegation. He was neither a Redhawk nor a Blackthorn, just another reason why he (and his mate) should be among the first to go.

Still, she made no reply other than to sign, -You're not wrong, old man.- He wouldn't understand but it didn't really matter. She didn't need him to agree or even understand; she just needed him to leave. Before she knew it, she found the fox being tossed disdainfully toward her face. Towhee sidestepped it, then blinked down at the carcass. When she looked up at him, she could no longer read Burke's lips—he was looking at his mate and Lagan now—but Towhee could see that they had no plans of abiding her commands.

She swallowed angrily, though she made no move to physically remove them. She had anticipated this outcome and knew it might take several attempts to oust them. In the meantime, she shot a sour look after them, her tail giving a single lash. They were selfish and stubborn—naive Lagan included—and she wondered what it'd take for them to see her point. Would the pups have to waste away and die before they admitted she was making a tough but necessary call?

Towhee meant to let the trio go, yet suddenly her lips moved as she shouted: "Lagan!" When he presumably looked her way, she signed, -I never said I was the only one helping. Lots of us are helping and it's still not enough.- She tried to put emphasis into her signing. -That's why they need to go. Why don't you get that? You care more about this old man than your innocent baby brothers and sisters?- There was genuine disbelief and hurt in her eyes.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Old man needs food as well. - by Burke - August 16, 2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Lagan - August 16, 2017, 07:58 AM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Malice - August 16, 2017, 08:04 AM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Towhee - August 16, 2017, 08:58 AM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Burke - August 16, 2017, 04:14 PM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Lagan - August 17, 2017, 07:08 AM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Malice - August 17, 2017, 12:20 PM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Towhee - August 17, 2017, 12:32 PM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Burke - August 17, 2017, 12:49 PM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Lagan - August 17, 2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Old man needs food as well. - by Malice - August 17, 2017, 03:24 PM