Moonspear the sky would fall but for the columns of mountains
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She would never be able to have them understand it in absolute full what it meant when she said peacetime, or lack thereof. They had been old feuds festering for too long with new ones there as well, ones marked in the betrayals of loyalties and blood and everything in between. That had left her to observe, or struggle, and she'd been damned to do that. She had learned to phase between the multitudes between blue-blooded successor and tool solider, and still come out stronger for it, because there had never been a choice. Always having her siblings bearing down on her had kept her going, constantly, and fiercer than before even after the victories. She'd never caught a break with them around.

When Hydra asked about her mother, she was quiet for a thoughtful beat because there was no easy, concise answer--there had been so much, and in so many different ways. These teachings were near to her, but had somehow become relatively well-hidden. Yet at the very same time, certain pieces of what she had instilled on her own daughters were it, too. "My mother's are difficult to explain simply. A certain path of training, one.. that can almost border on spiritual, with a healthy measure of mountain worship." she said, for that one had obviously become generational. "She came from a different time, and a long one as well, then chased greater strength through a meditative calm, and fury, with nature." Ame squinted. Only for her would even delve this deep. This was delicate. Hydra wouldn't fully grasp the concept of her old clan blood, though, which would have helped. "A lot of what I learned from her was very subtle. But poignant, once I was able to realize it." And it had taken time. Every second of it she had shared. "The rest? Everything you have learned from me, of course. To fight, protect, mend, sneak." she smirked faintly. "How to be an alpha's solider and prized heir at once, where I stood, and how to manage to hold myself among those that had seen so much." There was much she could tell her, but maybe not all at once. Amekaze lowered her nose, and scrunched it as she moved along.

After a heavier pause, she shook her head. That was just the surface. "There is so much.." she promised with a small sigh. With that, she lapsed into a keen silence as they prowled. If she was going to share any of it with any of her offspring, Hydra was the one; she knew that at another time, given the right circumstance, she would be able to share more.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
RE: the sky would fall but for the columns of mountains - by Amekaze - January 05, 2018, 12:10 AM