Silverlight Terrace And if I'd stare too long
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
This was not the first time someone doubted his story, nor would it be the last. But it was the most obvious refusal by anyone - Tit hadn't been yelled at for telling the tale before, and adding that to the emotional state he'd entered, things were bound to escalate.

I'm not lying! Why does everyone say that?! But it was rhetorical; he bellowed in the girl's face and then, before she could reply, continued: There was a bear! A big scary thing, and it was lookin' right at me when Rannoch an' Cypress found us! It was real, and I'm not lying! The terror he'd felt in that moment, when the bear was focused solely upon himself and ready to deliver its final blow, would never leave Titmouse's mind. It was ingrained there, no matter what anyone said.

I'm not a coward, and I'm not a loser! Except of course, he'd hardly fought the thing. Escaping had been a blur. He'd been saved from certain death, and now he was determined to make himself stronger because of it - except nobody would believe the scrawny boy who was filled with stories. He just needed someone to listen, to believe!

With a huff, he pirouetted and began to march away from the stupid girl - she wasn't worth it. She wouldn't believe him no matter how detailed he got with his recollection! He'd leave her with the trees, and she could be as weird as she liked! You're stupid. I hope a tree falls on you, or a bear eats you, you... You stupid... girl! He called out as he left her - a pathetic attempt at regaining the upper hand. Although, maybe he was actually talking to himself too.
Messages In This Thread
And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - October 01, 2017, 07:54 AM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 01, 2017, 01:20 PM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - October 06, 2017, 06:42 AM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 15, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - October 20, 2017, 04:42 AM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 21, 2017, 01:05 AM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - October 22, 2017, 02:10 PM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 25, 2017, 02:50 AM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - October 25, 2017, 02:16 PM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 04:33 PM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - October 29, 2017, 09:18 AM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 30, 2017, 07:45 PM
RE: And if I'd stare too long - by Wraen - November 01, 2017, 02:47 PM