Fairspell Meadow they once belonged to me
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
A day or so after his acceptance, and Titmouse had gone off from the caldera.. again. The first time had been to explore, to remember, but he'd passed through the Bramble already this morning and had decided to go a little further this time. The meadow was what really caught his attention. Even without a proliferation of flowers he could find the spot where he'd caught up to Liffey; he could look back at the woodland behind him and recall the memory of the criss-crossing trees, their limbs, and the many shadows. The flowers were gone and there was a chill in the air, but Titmouse wasn't afraid of this place. He wasn't nervous in the slightest - almost as if he expected to see Liffey somewhere, to start their adventure over again. 

After about an hour of loitering in the meadow (sniffing at odd things, rolling in dead flowers and even a discarded chunk of bird's nest beneath a tree -) Titmouse was ready to return to the forest, and then to the caldera. He found a narrow animal-path to follow and was on his way, except.. He went the wrong direction. The boy was a warrior, not a navigator! He didn't realize that the distant forest on the horizon (dark and eerie, even from so far off) was the wrong forest. He paused when he realized he might've been off course, and that was when he saw her.

She was a dark figure moseying through the meadow. Tit's first thought was of Raven. 'Hey mom!' he nearly called out, but instead plastered a grin on his face and ran. Filled with a sudden glee, the boy bolted after the wolf-shape without a second thought, nearly careening in to them when he was nearer simply because Tit wasn't paying attention to the topography. He came upon her from behind, and really.. Don't all black wolves look the same from the wrong angle anyways?
Messages In This Thread
they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 06:52 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 07:31 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 07:42 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 07:49 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 08:00 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Vaati - October 28, 2017, 08:42 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 30, 2017, 12:01 AM