Barrow Fields it's brains without hearts have set saint against sinner
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

he does not answer her but he also does not move closer, and after a few moments her heart slows its erratic pace as she takes a handful of deep breaths. he's not doing much to assuage her suspicions that he might be spectral, given the way he seems to forget she's there. blixen takes a step back, ready to exit this creepy graveyard for good, but then the maybe-ghost-wolf turns and looks at her again.

yeah, that's still creepy. dracarys, he says, and then repeats it slowly - she blinks, confused. "dracayrs?" what could that mean, the gona wonders. she gets no illumination as he goes on to say more strange-sounding words. "um," she says, "oh, wait. is dracarys your name?" it occurs to her that maybe he doesn't speak common or trig. 

ghosts could probably speak common at least, right? unless they died before it became the language of the teekons... man, she wishes furi were here. working off the assumption that the ghost's name is indeed dracarys, blix gestures to herself with a paw and says, "i'm blixen. blix," hoping it'd be clear enough for him to understand, possibly undead language barrier and all considered. feeling somewhat more in control of the situation, she straightens up and clears her throat. "i guess you can't understand me..? well. ait." 

if words won't work, they'll have to use something else to communicate. she tilts her head, thinking hard - she's not the clever one, not really, but. she pats the earth again, looking between the grave and the ghost. "are you from here?" the ginger asks, pointing to the grave she's patted with her long snout and then to him, hoping he'll make the connection. it'd be nice to definitely cross the ghost thing off her list if nothing else.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
Messages In This Thread
RE: it's brains without hearts have set saint against sinner - by Blixen - November 11, 2017, 08:42 AM