Redhawk Caldera My independence seems to vanish in the haze
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Open to anyone who wants to find them.

Every few feet he thought he felt eyes upon him. When he rested - they rested - it wasn't for long. Titmouse couldn't keep up a good pace but his fear of being discovered, dragged back to that cave, it was too much for him to bear. He leaned on the dark girl for support whenever he could; together, they came upon the meadow where they'd met that fateful day, and then he knew where to go from there. Tit took the lead as best he could but the going was still slow. They ended up resting on the edge of the meadow, where it met with the bramblewood, somewhere secluded but not entirely enclosed - and Titmouse drifted to sleep with the wind on his face.

In the morning he and @Cassiopeia began again. They were mostly rested - or rather, he had rested, he couldn't say anything about the shadow - and he didn't think to ask. The two of them had been through a lot already. The boy still couldn't stop feeling like this was wrong, that someone would be coming for him out of the shadows to grab him. Maybe this was all a trick - he glanced at Cass a few times with such a thought in mind, briefly suspicious - but they'd make it. They did make it.

When the Caldera came in to view he let out a deep breath, bumping Cassiopeia with a side-step by accident, and slouched to the ground. He looked defeated, but felt anything but. We did it, he sighed, we're here -- this is home. The boy licked his lips and sat there idling (oddly, thinking about how much he wanted a drink), watching the trees and the familiar boulders as if they might just be pieces of a dream - then with a small nudge to the shadow girl's nearby body, he murmured, Call... Call for... But he didn't know who to name. No doubt Towhee would be a wise choice, she was strong and capable of defending them if they were in danger - but she wouldn't be happy to see him alive, he thought. Raven maybe, because he was injured, but he couldn't keep calling for her help every moment he needed it.

Call for @Elwood, just... Call for help.
Messages In This Thread
My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Titmouse (Ghost) - November 10, 2017, 07:01 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 11, 2017, 10:59 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 15, 2017, 10:11 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:37 PM