Redhawk Caldera My independence seems to vanish in the haze
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

What transpired next confused the hell out of Titmouse; it was so fast though, and he was still reeling from Green Eyes' attempt at shooting herself in the foot. She had been successful, unfortunately. Elwood took in as much information as he could and then snapped - literally and figuratively in Tit's eyes - going straight at the dark girl. Tit reacted to his advance and his teeth by throwing himself between the two wolves; whether Elwood connected or not, he wouldn't let harm come to his friend considering all that she had risked to free him.

What are you doing?! he screeched, almost drowning out Cassiopeia's hasty apology - but Tit's ears flattened simultaneously with it, and so he caught it just before her escape. No - no! I promised her - he rambled, spinning on his heels and trying to go after her. Titmouse made one wrong step with his injured leg and went down, hard. Without really thinking, the boy had expected something there to resist his motion - he expected Cassiopeia to be there - and obviously she wouldn't be. 

He watched her slip back out the way they'd both arrived, but couldn't call out after her because of the pain in his limb. It was searing and constant, as if it had just snapped all over again, but there hadn't been a snap or anything. All Tit could do was sit there in the dirt until the sensation abated, and by that point it was too late. He was hastily bracing himself with his good leg and trying to get back up within a handful of moments, though.

I promised she could stay! What the fuck is your problem?! 
He was screaming in earnest now. With a face-full of dirt and every inch of his body aching from his injuries and the exhaustion of his escape, he didn't move, but his voice - and his unhindered sense of rage, of betrayal - overwhelmed everything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 11, 2017, 10:59 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 15, 2017, 10:11 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Titmouse (Ghost) - November 16, 2017, 11:39 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:37 PM