Neverwinter Forest tonight, i am tristessa
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
An afternoon hunting and lurking the edges of glen turned quick to night, and while the stately pines of Neverwinter loomed overhead, she didn't feel obligated to turn back to the peaks just yet. It was mild enough for this late in autumn, she had the energy to burn, and for once, it seemed she traveled alone.

In veering her route up this way, she had done well to resist that urge to creep closer to Blackfeather to get her nose on the situation herself. It was painfully tempting, especially after Charon's continued need to protect their Potema, and now knowing that Redhawk intended to do something--as to what, exactly, she didn't know, but she trusted she would find out in due time. But time and time again, and considering the nature of what they did know and where the most effective opportunities were, she had come to understand that patience was key. She didn't need to potentially reveal herself unnecessarily to the wolves of the dark woods yet. They knew her cerberus through the scar they had left them, they knew Charon from him coming knocking to voice his opinion.. and while this was a statement all of its own, they didn't know her. Maybe of her, true, she had almost always been here in some way, watching, but she intended to withhold until it was just right.

She was thankful for the distraction the forest could provide as she perused after vague scent trails, none actively, but taking note with each step deeper in. If snows did get heavy this year and hunting ever went slim on the mountain, she knew where they could look, especially since no others claimed it this year and she could travel freely here. If all stayed well, none others would notice the worth and try to encroach seriously on here either. She found she was less in the mood for neighbors these days with her ranks full and their need for resources at new heights.

But here at her disposal, nothing really caught her interests for a time. Not firmly enough to slow her up any, and because of  this perpetual motion, she eventually came  into the slightest of hints on the breeze that did interest her plenty, one just barely eking over the strong pine scents. At first, she guessed she'd been wrong, and maybe half-spurred by a measure of wishful thinking (how convenient, after all).. there was the tiniest touch of familiarity lingering too that kept her moving deeper still into the night, urged along by a confident curiosity. Ahead, she thought she could hear something breaking the silence, and finally this gave her a point to zero in on. Moving quickly, quietly, she did exactly this until she had closed in enough to run upon a parallel path. It was the coast wolf she had realized with a subtle rush, and unprepared for her wanderings to grant her this much worth, she would go with the flow.

When she was close, she lowed up and growl-chuffed a greeting, but didn't stop her paws, nor an arcing wave of her tail. On her coat, Ame smelled the fresh Redhawks. "You are pretty far from home again..?" she asked easily enough as she quirked a brow over her shoulder, keen to hear all she might share.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
tonight, i am tristessa - by Antumbra - November 27, 2017, 09:28 AM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Amekaze - November 29, 2017, 02:47 AM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Antumbra - November 29, 2017, 10:50 PM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Amekaze - December 06, 2017, 03:00 AM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Antumbra - December 06, 2017, 09:43 AM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Amekaze - December 08, 2017, 01:32 AM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Antumbra - December 11, 2017, 02:08 PM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Amekaze - December 12, 2017, 12:16 AM
RE: tonight, i am tristessa - by Antumbra - December 14, 2017, 05:04 PM