Hoshor Plains the roots beneath my shaded tree / the moon dancing across my sky
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He awaited the cold words in silence, gaze trained upon the ground with a display that was so rare to see from the ashen youth. But those biting words never came, and instead he was faced with understanding. Knowing. Olive did not scorn him for his actions as he so expected, but rather spoke of knowing already that within Aries was a plaguing darkness - but did she know the true extent of the ravenous, bloodlusting beast? Perhaps not. 

The sylph spoke of Charon and how the Reaper had bothered him, and there was a certain lightness to her voice that he could not quite place. The words fell from her maw with something akin to amusement, and the young Svartell furrowed his brows in confusion. Had his actions not disappointed her? Surely she had been ashamed to have a son who disrespected his alphas back in Moonspear? Oh well, those times had passed and he was no longer so foolish.

Her joy was replaced suddenly with solemnity, more words following and trying to assure Aries that he was not a monster, but the rest of Blackfeather was. She seemed so determined to believe that her son was not such a deadly soldier, was not the beast he knew himself to be, but her attempts were met with a small shake of his head. "Ah, but you're wrong." Not often would he ever believe she was wrong in anything she did, but of this fact he was certain. "I have dark thoughts, I do dark things, there is something inside me that craves power and blood." He would not go into the full extent of his condition, but enough so that Olive would perhaps understand. "I have done many bad things and I will continue to do so... my thirst is never satiated." 

You were just a baby.

The tone of which she spoke this made him cringe, gaze crumpling to the floor again as if sorrowful for his own nature. "I made the decision to leave that day." He explained, knowing it would likely hurt her (but again, what else did a monster do?), eyes peering up momentarily to his mother. He needed to explain what happened. "I encountered a black wolfess with a pelt of night dusted with stars. She called me Spiderling, asked me why I was not at home - I told her of Hydra and my dislike for her, and the girl told me I was stuck with her for the night because she would not allow me to wander back on my own." He recounted the meeting with a sparkle in his eye, that curiousity for her strange words drawing him in like a lure to a trap. "She spoke of who ruled the Night and promised to tell me their stories..." Aries closed his eyes for but a second, revelling in the fact that he had accepted her words. "She told me of the Woods and I listened, I listened to the stories and I remained in her presence." But he did not regret it, either - he felt almost as though he was always meant to go to Blackfeather. As if it was a domain destined to see his gaze. "She stopped then, did not tell me any more stories. Told me she could not tell me more unless I was to leave my young life behind and follow her to that dark kingdom - She said I could be a Spiderling, a Spiderling of the Speaker herself. Told me if I did not fear the consequences, I could go with her." His tongue swept out to run along the edge of his lips, tail flicking behind his rear. "And I... I did not fear the consequences. I wanted to know more, and I knew my place was not in Moonspear." So he had left without a single word. "I thought about returning a few times to bid farewell... but I found myself unwilling to go. Time passed and I never left on a journey back to Moonspear only to speak to you - These wolves I have found now, they are more like me." 

"If you feel hatred enough to call them monsters, then you are also calling me a monster - and this I already know. I am one of them, mother."
There was his story, the reasons for his unexplained departure from Olive's life. Perhaps if he had remained, he could have stayed close by her side and been her own guardian of sorts, but alas - his place had never been there. "I would not say happy... you know I do not feel joy as others do. But I belong there, if that is what you mean." Oh, her next words struck him deep. For a moment, he wanted to say yes, wanted to accept her request and leave the confines of Blackfeather behind to begin a new life with Olive, but he could not. "I want that..." He confirmed, a low sigh of longing falling softly from his maw. "But I cannot. Maybe... maybe one day." But not yet, not now.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.