Ravensblood Forest sweep up in the apothecary for a hot meal and some neosenephrin
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

She was right in her thinking, of course. But it wasn't the way he worked. Screech wasn't eager to divulge such personal details such as how he lost his eye or, how he lost his family, and the wounds were still so fresh to him. He could tell that his answer wasn't enough to satiate the woman yet at the same time he didn't much care; it was none of her business. Telling her might make her pity him and Screech was doing enough of that for himself - he didn't need any more pity in this lifetime. 

Thinking she wasn't going to let the topic rest (maybe it was the look in her eye), Screech rolled his shoulders in a shrug and answered in his gravel-gargling baritone, I'unno, and after shifting his weight a little in an attempt to ease the tension he felt (rather, the tension he was creating) he added, I'm just a nobody. He found me, waited a bit to see if I'd... If I'd die, and then... I guess he got bored. Why did anyone do anything? Might've been really hungry or somethin'. Was bigger than me too. If the smoke-faced man had really wanted to tear him apart, nothing would have stopped him.