Moonspear in mountains that are stacked with fear.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Perhaps if she'd just said 'sorry, but this is the only way', 'sorry, I'm really sorry we have to leave', or something else to indicate that they were, indeed, being scumbags, then Charon would've just let the whole matter slide. But instead she started to not just defend themselves, she started to say that they were right and that their debt had already been repaid. Throughout every word that Liffey spoke, the dark frown on Charon's face became deeper and deeper as he thought of how little of those words were true.

But then he realised something when she finished speaking. His voice more held back and angrier than before, he said: "I guess Rannoch's life is just not worth as much to you as I valued it at." Staying with Moonspear through winter was a smart move for them, too; and here she was, acting like all they'd done was altruist working-for-the-pack with no pause. "You questioned my decisions about Gannet. Is that what you call loyalty? Is that what you call working non-stop for the pack?" Perhaps it was blown up, this tidbit, as he didn't know exactly what she had said to Gannet about him, but it had been something and she'd seen the way she looked at him when Gannet was around too. "I see the way you look at me lately. You don't respect me, and this... This is just another fucking spit in my face. I was just too blind to see that you'd been doing it all along, I thought we were friends, I thought you were a good person and now it turns out you've been doing this shit all along. What will you do next, huh? Take our other members to find some non-existent paradise to live in because you naively think things're better out there? I'm —" Just at that moment Rannoch's howl sounded to collect Liffey, though Charon didn't quite realise that the howl had been ordered and issued by Hydra. He froze, his words cut off, though merely looked at Liffey after it had faded away, looking like he was still expecting some kind of answer.
Messages In This Thread
in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 19, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 20, 2018, 04:39 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 20, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 21, 2018, 02:59 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 21, 2018, 07:57 PM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 22, 2018, 03:00 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 22, 2018, 08:52 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 23, 2018, 01:57 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Liffey - February 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
RE: in mountains that are stacked with fear. - by Charon - February 26, 2018, 03:57 AM