The Sunspire I should be wiser.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

He didn not know what to expect from Rannoch, but what came from him neither surprised nor disappointed him. But Screech remained passive and silent. He listened until the other wolf had finished, and when Rannoch's voice died out finally, it was Screech's turn. But he couldn't quite get his thoughts in order. There were many facets to what happened today — but when it was all said and done, Screech held certain truths within him that couldn't be ignored.

He took a breath, and then said, You should've killed him.

Before Rannoch could interject the boy continued, and yet he was still unable to look at the Alpha.

Redshank will not stop, he hates everything about you and that isn't going to change. Liffey was right to try and stop you, but you should've had a spine and stood up against her; you're the Alpha, and that means you can do whatever you want. If protecting your family means killing, you should kill. Screech sounded so clinical as he spoke; he wouldn't let a single shred of emotion enter his voice, which was a feat unto itself. And he wasn't finished there. But if you had killed Redshank, if he had been harmed in any way — Screech finally looked at his once-idol, fixing his orange eye upon him like a sniper's scope. I would've killed you, or done my best to try.

What he was saying flew in the face of everything he had been doing during the actual event in question, but Screech had been given time to think and his anger had become something else - something deeper. His view of Rannoch had been shattered today and there was likely no mending it. I'm not your family. Liffey's not even my family, not really, come his counter-points to Rannoch's final statements, You might've left Moonspear but they didn't leave you; you surround yourself with their evil, and it's already begun to corrupt you. You're becoming like them. Liffey sees it. This family you're trying to create here is made out of the wrong parts, he was losing a bit of that monotony now and feeling something but Screech didn't have a name for it; maybe it was revulsion, maybe it was anger, or a mix of all sorts of things — but he had to stop talking or he'd run his mouth so much that Rannoch would probably try to slap him or something, if he hadn't already.

I saw how Liffey looked at you, she was horrified. Those Moonspear wolves were ready to do your bidding because their old masters were just as awful. Fuck, you didn't even notice that your best friend has been sneakin' around and banging the ladies — do you even know what you're doing?

He took a breath and stopped, and the look on his face was a touch apologetic but there was more pity there than anything else; Screech braced himself for the impact of his words - or the impact of Rannoch's teeth - and had mindlessly gotten to his feet again as he had spoken, ready to bolt.— 
Messages In This Thread
I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 14, 2018, 04:10 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 01:52 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 02:21 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 03:09 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 03:22 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 03:41 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 03:49 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 08:30 PM