The Sunspire I should be wiser.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

He shrugged his shoulders and murmured, Forget it, when Rannoch pointed out his comment and didn't bother to explain himself. There was no point — plus he was a little embarrassed that he'd gotten so carried away with his ranting. But then the Alpha was repeating himself, saying all those things he'd said before about being nice to the Beta and then, supporting his chosen family like Screech expected.

The option to leave was there; Rannoch didn't seem interested in stopping him either, and encouraged the opposite, which made Screech's stomach feel like it was twisting in to a knot. Evidently Screech was more sensitive than he let on, and was certain that Rannoch didn't want him after all. It was a wound that scored him deeply. Fine, he responded sharply, then I'll go say goodbye to Liffey and get off your land.

With a dramatic turn he began to make his way back along the ridge, but moved at a slow enough pace that Rannoch could easily stop him if he so chose. There was no way for Screech to make the other wolf change his mind, he'd obviously established some sort of false trust with his new family, been brainwashed in to thinking they were better for him, and Screech's protests weren't going to be effective.

In all honesty, the kid was just a mess. He had no idea what he was doing, why he said what he said, or why he felt the need to push Rannoch away. Later when he was alone, Screech would convince himself that he was leaving the Sunspire in order to keep them all safe — but he knew it was because he just didn't fit in.

Messages In This Thread
I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 14, 2018, 04:10 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 01:52 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 02:21 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 03:09 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 03:22 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 03:41 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2018, 03:49 PM
RE: I should be wiser. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 15, 2018, 08:30 PM