Blackfeather Woods Do they always walk away from dead bodies?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
When movement caught her eye near the borders, Towhee reacted immediately. She sprang toward it with deadly intent, ready to dispatch the threat. When it turned out to be a rabbit, it didn't give her any pause; she resumed the chase, hot on the hare's tail as it zigzagged toward the neighboring prairie. Towhee snapped at its enticing white tail, though she was left with only a few downy furs stuck in her teeth as her prey quickly scrambled into a hole and disappeared underground.

She stood there a moment, catching her breath, orange eyes naturally drifting toward the dark woods nearby. She tipped her head into the wind reflexively. When the scent of wolves filled her nose, she felt her heartbeat quicken in her chest. Towhee's head tipped back and she located X circling overhead, likely disappointed over her failed hunt. Her gaze then returned to the forest and, after a moment's deliberation, she moved toward it.

But Towhee stopped short when she felt a telling featherweight settle on her shoulder. "I need you," she began slowly, eyes still fixed steadily on the trees in the near distance, "to go find @Quixote—and whoever else he might want to bring along—and bring him back here." She paused. "Do you under—" But X had already swept off her shoulder and winged back toward the caldera.

She didn't look after him. Towhee refused to take her eyes off Blackfeather Woods even as she stood there, still as a statue, fire building in her veins.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Do they always walk away from dead bodies? - by Towhee - April 03, 2018, 10:22 AM